i am going to buy a new guitar i narrowed it down to a few choices. Either a James Hetfield sig Truckster or Iron Cross or a custom EX series with a Diamond Plate finish all by ESP. Or Ibanez Prestige. I already have 3 Ibanez guitars 2 RGs and a acoustic. I play metal hard rock whetever really mostly 80s thrash though and as you can see im willing to spend whatever. I know its all about what you like and you have to buy the guitar you want blah blah blah but from a stand point of quality and sound what is better.
Go with an ibanez prestige, except if you really want to be known as that guy playing that hetfields signature model... the same happens everywhere with a zakk wylde model or yngwie strat...everyone will try to prove that you are just imitating him...
Metallicas my fave band Hetfields my idol but my band stopped playing cover yea but i get wat ur saying ru familar wit the EX series though
Is your budget $10,000?
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
When it comes to the build quality (Durability, construction, looks, blah blah), the ESP would be the way. For me, an Ibanez Prestige has a MUCH nicer feel than most ESP's, but you sacrifice quality. The sound is probably better from the ESP as well, considering the types of music you play. So overall, the ESP would probably be a much better buy, but with the extra cost too.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by RaiderFootball1
Metallicas my fave band Hetfields my idol but my band stopped playing cover yea but i get wat ur saying ru familar wit the EX series though

this one? it looks cool but the looks are only for you to judge...still would be kinda hetfield model
Go with the EX man, it looks sick,
and plus, it sounds great.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by Knuxus

this one? it looks cool but the looks are only for you to judge...still would be kinda hetfield model

No, this one

BTW: Get that one.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by AustinxAtomic
Go with the EX man, it looks sick,
and plus, it sounds great.

+1 Nice, high-quality ESP. It looks awesome, probably sounds great, good features.

And about the Sig thing earlier, if you're using a Truckster, then people might think you're an imitator, but that EX won't mislead people.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

my budget is about $5000 or more the ESP has guitars that look exaclty like the Ibanezs and the Ex is really suprisingly comfortable even sitting ohh yeah its got the kick ass metal look 2
Hetfield has both those guitars but i play lead Ibanez has that cutting sound great for leads but im not a big fan of that distorted metalcore tone is the EX as good for lead
Wait. If your budget is "about $5000 or more", then why don't you just get a custom. ESP has THE greatest custom shop. (IMO). I bought one a couple years back. Very good choice on my part. Just depends on if you're willing to spend that much money, which you obviously are.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

When I think EX, I think of Jesper Stromblad from In Flames, or Peter Tagtgren form Hypocrisy, or Jed Simon and Devin Townsend from Strapping Young Lad, or...

+1 on the ESP custom shop. You won't regret it, man. Find the specs that you like about your Ibbys and the ones you like about the EX and combine them
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by CaparisonCore
+1 Nice, high-quality ESP. It looks awesome, probably sounds great, good features.

And about the Sig thing earlier, if you're using a Truckster, then people might think you're an imitator, but that EX won't mislead people.

Yea bro ur rite i might just get the iron cross to hang on my wall n play at home b/c there only making a few then get one of the other guitars i listed. i get wat ur saying though
yea i just graduated from high school n have been saving for my dream trash kick ass setup since i was about 15 i already bought a mesa/boogie so ESP is a higher quality then Ibanez
about if i had to make a perfect metal guitar based on just looks it would be the EX Diamond Plate but wat kind of feature could i add like 24 frets i would keep the stock pickups so would it really be worth making a custom
I think ESP and Prestige Ibanezes are about the same quality. You could alway get a J. Custom though.
My custom was essentially a Horizon FR II. All I traded was block frets for flags, and EMG's for Blackout's. It all depends on what you want, and I hate to say that because that's what everyone says, but it's really true. If you think a custom would be good for you, then feel free to ask me questions or jump right into it with an ESP employee, but it's pretty easy, and you know it's high quality, and you get exactly what YOU want.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

i wanna keep the guitar pretty much the same if i get custom i would change some stuff like get 24 frets my football # on the 12th fret and the year we won the city championship on the 24 fret and minor stuff like that would i pay thousands more for stuff like that

if so my friends dads did a custom paint job on on of my ibanezs n it looked sick so i would just give it to him
Last edited by RaiderFootball1 at Jul 10, 2009,
You could get that done at the Custom Shop easily. Just make a good picture of it, and talk to an employee.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

There are dealers all around the country. You can send art to them and call them to ask them to put it on your guitar.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

how much more would i play for something like that if its alot for some minor changes its not happening like i now sig r alot more n theyre the same guitar with different fret inlays or some small graphics for example zakk wylde custom les paul is like $8000
hows ESP clean tones r they as crappy as ibanez cause they use the same pickups cause if ur playin a song with clean n distorded parts like justice by metallica or hollow by pantera or cemetery gates its a real pain in the ass
Well, most higher-end ESP's generally come equipped with EMG's (Mostly 81/60 or 81/85) which still sound great clean. I'm actually not a big fan of EMG's, but they are fine, and they are the instruments of Metallica. And I know Ibanez's have horrible cleans. I've owned too many. Even high-end Ibz's disappoint me more and more with each purpose.

And to your custom shop question, it'd cost about the same as buying a sig, or just a little more. I'm living in America currently, and mine cost me about 6,000 dollars, and it had much more than I really needed.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

yea n ibanez uses the same pickups n about the costum thing the guitar is like $3000 n im not goin pay 6 Gs for 2 custom fret inlays
1. Yours probably wouldn't be 6k.
2. If the EX only costs 3k, then go for it...Now.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

ite thx man ill prob go custom b/c like i said my team won city champs n im goin to college now n want to remember that u no
Sounds cool. Well, good luck with your axe.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12