Is the les paul junior a standart size guitar or a 3/4 size ???

theres no info on the gibson website except that its a 24.4 scale

Whats the difference between JUnior and regular les paul ???

im looking for a small size guitar like 3/4 size cause i have small finger and im skinny
Last edited by Skysc at Jul 10, 2009,
Junior has one pickup and is lighter. Normal LP, is heavier generally has a carved top and two pickups. The junior is a standard size guitar as far as I know.

EDIT. Try one, you might find the neck is fine my mate has small hands and can play standard guitars.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jul 10, 2009,
Price, weight, and pick ups. It's a "budgeted" version of the les paul. Lighter, as far as i know its only one pick up, and much cheaper. I believe the size is the same as any other guitar though.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
yeah its normal, i dont see why that would matter unless you buying for a small child
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
well the authentic juniors are 50's necks. So that may not be the best for your small fingers. Course my fingers are small and i got used to it.

The Juniors are "regular" sized, not 3/4 and they are beasts. Main differences are that the Junior has only 1 Pickup, usually a P90, with dot inlays and a flat top body with no binding. Tuning keys are different too.

This is on the Gibson version. The Epiphone Version will be the same, except no P90 on most versions and the standard epiphone NOT grover tuners. Hope this helps.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
ok ill keep my les paul copy ( standard size ) then .. im looking for a kid size guitar like those Squier stratocaster or hello kitty .

but those are really cheap and poorly build .. id like a 3/4 size guitar with `quality`, one that would stay in tune .

The Esp LTD kirk hammett junior looks cool .. but its really really small . ive never try it maybe i would love it . but its like almost 1/2 size of a standart .

i already have a fender stratocaster hss usa ..

id just like a 3/4 size to play punk and sticker it . its mostly for powerchord .
Last edited by Skysc at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by Skysc
ok ill keep my les paul copy ( standard size ) then .. im looking for a kid size guitar like those Squier stratocaster or hello kitty .

but those are really cheap and poorly build
.. id like a 3/4 size guitar with `quality`, one that would stay in tune .

id just like a 3/4 size to play punk and sticker it . its mostly for powerchord .

Get one of those and mod it to hell. The only difference between the Squier Strat and the Fender Strat is the quality of the hardware. Get one of those poor quality guitars as you called it, and swap out the tuners and bridge and tail and pick ups etc and make it a good quality guitar.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
Get one of those and mod it to hell. The only difference between the Squier Strat and the Fender Strat is the quality of the hardware. Get one of those poor quality guitars as you called it, and swap out the tuners and bridge and tail and pick ups etc and make it a good quality guitar.

ok thx . ill look for it . i want a mess guitar i can customize .

ex:

i would probably switch the pickup and might dig the wood to put humbucker and cut the pickguard .

ill grab one for 100 $ .. i have nothing to lose .
i bought one of these a couple of years ago, epi though. if you're looking for a guitar for a kid, this is still really good. it's small enough to fit a small arm around, and still small enough to reach the 1st fret. as for sounds, its fine. they're cheap, and great for little hands, and to just carry around with you.
Guitars and Bass:
Fender Strat Mex.
Epi Junior
Epi Special
Ibanez Artcore (AS73)
Kawai Hand Made bass
Ibanez Acoustic
Yamaha Classical

Recording Stuff:
Korg D12
tascam 4track
peavey mics etc.
just found out what you're doing with it that it's not for a kid. whoops. eh, still a fine little guitar. that you can carry around with you easily without any effort really.
Guitars and Bass:
Fender Strat Mex.
Epi Junior
Epi Special
Ibanez Artcore (AS73)
Kawai Hand Made bass
Ibanez Acoustic
Yamaha Classical

Recording Stuff:
Korg D12
tascam 4track
peavey mics etc.