Basically, just that.

Machine Head and Slipknot have played this friday in Madrid (Spain). I truly wanted to see Machine Head (3rd time in two years), and well, I could also check out Slipknot live. After all, their two first albums were ok (hadn't listened the others) and the Disasterpiece DVD was a good show.

Machine Head show was terrific, as usual. But Slipknot's... OMG, what happened to his voice? The screaming was acceptable, though he had major problems trying to reach the end of the sentences, like his breath failed too soon. The tragedy came with the singing parts. Nasal, out of tune, totally killed the songs, all the choruses didn't fit with the rest of the song. The chorus of Psychosocial almost made me cry, even the fans-to-the-bone realized that critically acclaimed singer wasn't doing well. There were some songs were he still was great (Surfacing, Spit it Out, (SIC)), but Corey didn't have his day. Actually, none of the members seemed to be enjoying the show. The Fender guitar player made some awesome solos, but he was a bit sloppy throughout all the show, which was a problem because his guitar was way too high! Maybe I was too demanding and expected too much of them, but I when left I honestly thought my non-professional band would have made a better and more energetic show. However, I admit there's not enough money in the world to pay for an hour and a half of Joey's bassdrum work.

PS: for those attending to Slipknot's tour: the percussionist of the long nose mask (the one who is not the clown) isn't touring with the rest of the guys. His mother or father has recently passed away, and he is in America with his family.
thread title is redundant.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I've just seen a Slipknot thread in here. I am disappointed.

Quote by elgranmapache
However, I admit there's not enough money in the world to pay for an hour and a half of Joey's bassdrum work.

He's really not that good.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 10, 2009,
I saw them a few months ago with trivium and coheed, and I'd say the show kicked ass

edit: sometimes jim improvs the solos so that may be why it sounded a bit off.
Quote by rush4life
For a second I thought Slipknot live: Disappointment was the name of their new DVD or something.

Nu-metal, just more overtly influenced by extreme metal than most others. Still rubbish as far as I'm concerned. Either way it doesn't belong here.
Quote by flame843
i think, in the threadstarter's defense, you'd have hard time contesting the fact that Slipknot are a metal band. I think they're CLEARLY metal...but whether they're good metal or not...that's another story.

But you'd have to consider the fact that they retain rudiments of nu-metal.
And because there is already a nu-metal forum...
They contain elements of hardcore, and rap. Therefore, in no way metal, but if anything, rapcore. Nu-Metal is like what Groove Metal is to Metalcore. A simple excuse to give something a "better" title than what it actually is.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
They contain elements of hardcore, and rap. Therefore, in no way metal, but if anything, rapcore. Nu-Metal is like what Groove Metal is to Metalcore. A simple excuse to give something a "better" title than what it actually is.

They utilize palm muting on the 6th string in a hardcore fashion, and have the occasional slight breakdown.

Edit: As well as the hardcore vocal style.
Last edited by xChristgrindeRx at Jul 10, 2009,
when you step back and look at it, arguing over what is and is not metal, is extremely retarded.
I don't like Slipknot, Trivium, Coheed, or any nu-metal/metalcore bands. Having said that, it really is retarded to bash them and you only make a fool out of yourself when you do.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Thats sucks for Slipknot sry abotu the drummers parents. But slipknot to me has always done a kick ass show. I always think there good