Hi. I'm new to the whole electric guitar scene. I understand basic amp and effect pedal controls but I cant seem to find a good tone when I use my Boss ME-20 pedal. Any tips on how to balance tones on the guitar, amp, and pedal?
What amp and guitar are you using and what genres do you play?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I am using a behringer v-tone GMX 112 modelling amp (not the greatest) and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst.
How do you expect good tone with a crappy amp?
Whatever you do, a crappy amp sounds crappy
Well the ME-20 is a multi-fx pedal, so the sounds you get from that aren't going to be as a good a quality as buying individual pedals.

Edit: Didn't see your amp post, sorry. It's all personal preference really. Now an amp like that isn't going to sound like a Marshall or a mesa, but you gotta make due with whatcha got.

Just experiment with the eq controls. I personally like a sound with more treble, whereas the other guitarist in my band like more mids and bass. It all depends on what YOU like.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Last edited by Knightmare444 at Jul 10, 2009,
yes I like the treble sound also. My problem is should I be adjusting tone on my amp or on my pedal or both?
What i would say, is start with the amp. Find a tone you like. You said you like more treble. So turn up your highs and mids, and keep the lows down. Then use your pedal as a "middle ground" if its a distortion pedal, make the pedal have more lows than highs, so it balances out the amp when its on.

This way your amp provides the tone, but your pedals just give it a little extra push or boost when it needs it.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War