so im using guitar rig for the first time....
and i plug my guitar in my amp and from there i connect a cable going from the amps headphone jack to my pc microphone input...
but i cant hear anything...
so i tryed using a usb mic to mic my amp on a clean channel to in to guitar rig but the quality is ass.
any advice on how to do this correctly.... oh and why is there a lag with my sound?
i want to be able to hear everything as clear as possible because im going to be making a cover and i want to get that killrbuckeye quality (you know the guy on youtube named killrbuckeye who makes awesome covers with Awsome sounding tone.)
any advice or maybe i should use a better program....thanks for all input.
I really don't know, but I have had problems before using the headphone output on a keyboard to connect it to a computer...I was just thinking that maybe it has something to do with the fact that the headphone jack on the amp probably outputs in stereo. If for some reason that is what is causing the problem, maybe try getting a little stereo-to-mono thing from Radioshack or something?
Need a website? I can make you one for pretty cheap.
Personally, I'm a fan of these. Never tried hooking an amp into a mic port...

... but I can't see a PC mic sounding like much else other than ass, unless you're running a high end soundcard and connecting to that. USB ftw imo.
All you need is a 1/4" female to 1/8" male cable adapter to plug your guitar cable into your line in on the pc. Then download Asio4all drivers and install them. That should reduce your latency greatly.
Most of the time I've seen it used you need something to turn the signal from analog to digital like an interface of a POD or something like that.
Sig What?
Incorrectomundo my friend. ;P

I used to do it by plugging an 1/8" cable into my line-in and running it into my guitar with a 1/8"->1/4" adapter. As long as you have asio4all drivers, you should be set.

If you're willing to pony up some cash... PM me. There is a guy selling a Rig Kontroller 2 for $75.