Hey, i have a pedaltrain pedalboard. It comes with velcro to fasten down you pedals, but i've noticed that my boss pedals don't stick to the velcro very well. Anyone else have anything they do to fasten down their pedals or any good ideas to fasten them down?

I cn't really think of anything else at the moment .

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Jul 10, 2009,
Unscrew the screws on the bottom of the pedals, then use meccano or something similar to screw them down.

Ghetto, looks awful, but it works.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Most will tell you use Velcro, it's good to hold them but I would only use it on newer boss pedals, not the older collectable models.

Are you a member of bossarea? I sweR I just seen this thead on there
did you take the rubber off the bottom of the boss pedals?
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
go to homedepot, or lowes or whatever hardware store you can find (wal-mart if it's a big one) and look for INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH velcro tape. the s*** will NOT accidentally come off.
didnt zakk wylde say on his first pedal board he drilled holes in the enclosures of the pedals to bolt onto his board?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
links from an old bicycle chain work great. but u'd need a wooden board.
Woot! New Zealand...
Quote by conor1148
didnt zakk wylde say on his first pedal board he drilled holes in the enclosures of the pedals to bolt onto his board?

I think the biggest warning here is that it's something Zakk Wylde does...

But I'd suggest getting longer versions of the screws on the bottom of the pedals, then drill holes on your board and screw them in from the bottom of the board up into the pedal. Hopefully I'm being clear enough.
I dunno, velcro sticks fine to my RV3.
I don't like the idea of using velcro, but it works really well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by ThePastRecedes
But I'd suggest getting longer versions of the screws on the bottom of the pedals, then drill holes on your board and screw them in from the bottom of the board up into the pedal. Hopefully I'm being clear enough.

That sounds like there is too much room for error. Find industrial strength Velcro, it works, really.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
That sounds like there is too much room for error. Find industrial strength Velcro, it works, really.

Not really, you take the screws out, find ones that are the same but longer so that they fit through the pedal board. You can use the base as a template for drilling so you get all the holes in the right place. Drop the new screws through the holes as you drill to stop any slippage while drilling.

Takes a bit of time but it'd be the most secure way possible - short of glue.

Edit: I sound like I'm slagging you off, didn't mean to. Industrial velcro will be more than enough.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Last edited by unininium at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by conor1148

yeh, well zakk wylde also said that marshall MG's have CRUSHING overdrive!

i use industrial strength velcro i got from my dad's office on my (homemade) pedal board and i sometimes struggle to take my pedals off!
i think velco is the best thing to use, then you can still mess around with pedal ordering and easily have room for more pedals, you just need good quality stuff
the two ways that ive seen that i liked were using zip ties and these double washer things.

the zip ties have you drill holes in the board on either side of the pedal. then you run the zip tie under the board, through the holes and over the pedal. tighten down and it should hold solid.

the double washer things are like two washers side by side. you put one side between the corner of the pedal and the screw that holds the bottom on. then you screw the other side down to the board. there is some seller on ebay who has them, but i seem to have lost my link to it.
Quote by unininium
Not really, you take the screws out, find ones that are the same but longer so that they fit through the pedal board. You can use the base as a template for drilling so you get all the holes in the right place. Drop the new screws through the holes as you drill to stop any slippage while drilling.

Takes a bit of time but it'd be the most secure way possible - short of glue.

Edit: I sound like I'm slagging you off, didn't mean to. Industrial velcro will be more than enough.

Not really? Screws are not just screws. You would need to make sure you get screws with the right threading and definately the right length. If you go too long you could really do some damage to you pedals. And I'm sure it would be really hard to line up the holes so they match the pedals perfectly.

Plus, it would be a huge pain in the rear to rearrange your pedals around if you wanted/needed to and it would look like swiss cheese.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -