SUPRISE! another 'what amp should I get' thread.
I've got an amp in mind at the moment but I need something to fall back on in case I don't actually like it when I try it.
The amp I'm looking at is the Hayden MoFo with a Harley Benton Vintage 212.
The amp will have to be able to do small / medium venues. I'd quite like something like the MoFo has where I can flip the wattage down to bedroom levels as well.
I'm going to be playing punk->hard rock, ranging from stuff like The Offspring and The Vapours, through to Guns N' Roses etc.
My budget is:
About £600 if it's a combo
About £450 if it's a head
I will definitely go used.
My gear is in my sig and when I get the amp I might well be fitting the guitars with new pickups.
I'm not hugely bothered about an effects loop at the moment and I think I would actually prefer a single channel amp that I can just use my double trouble to boost it to crunch and then to overdrive.
I've been looking at youtube vids of the Peavey Classic 30 but I'm not too sure if I like it or not.

I think I've covered everything...
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jul 11, 2009,
Where do you live? Try looking on craigslist.

Oh, and the Peavey Classic 30 is a great amp, I think it will suit you good but dont expect massive brutal gain from it.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I'm in the UK so it'd just be eBay but at the moment theres nothing on there that takes my fancy really.

Is there anything along the same lines as the Classic 30 I could check out?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Vox, I've never really heard it *goes to youtube*
TT, Don't really like it.
NT, I'm waiting for my local shop to get one in to try it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Theres an Orange Rocker 30 on eBay for £450 but I don't wanna buy it 'cos I might well like something in the same price range better. Damn blind buying paranoia
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

vox VT30
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
^ I don't like the Valvetronics (I'm pretty sure thats a VT) tried one in store once and just struggled to get a nice tone out of it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Quote by SimplyBen
^ I don't like the Valvetronics (I'm pretty sure thats a VT) tried one in store once and just struggled to get a nice tone out of it.

i dont see you couldnt have gotten a good tone, i just got one preset running, folled around with the EQ and added a lot of reverb, and my tone was just plain awesome.

the tube preamp just adds flavour and chracter, comparing to a laney 35 watter, i'd pick this one. more effects, lovely for a guy(or girl) who loves versatility.
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-