What are the best guitar cables? I know its all subjunctive, but i was curious as to what kinds of cables people use. I have never had any problems with monster cables or livewire, but on that same note, i've heard stories that livewire makes the worst cables around, they break, they too "middy" if thats a word.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
I use searchbar cables.

.......and quantum cables.
-GEAR-
Modded squire strat
Douglas Shadow
Fender Roc Pro 1000
Zoom 505
Ibanez performance PF3 acoustic
Epiphone accu-bass
Peavey TKO 75

Quote by Kensai
Dinosaurs. They can shoot lasers from their heads.

What can humans do? Nothing.
Best everyday cables would be either Evidence Audio or Van den Hul. Mogami's the best brand you can get at GC. The absolute best period would probably be the ones with the silver core that Alessandro makes for a few thousand dollars. I don't see how anyone could justify that though unless it's just a huge ****in difference. Some Evidence Audio cable with Cardas Rhodium plugs would probably be the best otherwise.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What is the most cost effective cable to make your own patch cables out of?

I'm using mogami gold for my guitar cable, so anything better than that would be overkill.
Both of my cables are all screwed up. They keep cutting out. I always have to mess with them until they finally start to work, and then I can't touch them while I'm playing or else they will cut out... I'm probably going to buy better ones tomorrow.
Quote by ninjab
What is the most cost effective cable to make your own patch cables out of?

I'm using mogami gold for my guitar cable, so anything better than that would be overkill.

There's really nothing better than Mogami for the price. At $0.86 a foot plus 2 Neutrik NP2X connectors for $2.52 each it's pretty damn cheap IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
There's really nothing better than Mogami for the price. At $0.86 a foot plus 2 Neutrik NP2X connectors for $2.52 each it's pretty damn cheap IMO.

or if you're even more strapped for cash, Monster's "rock" cable does a decent job of sheilding and delivering a strong signal. Never hit the studio with anything less than Mogami (which is what Mogami's were designed for in the first place anyhow).

side note: have you ever considered going wireless?

EDIT: livewires are monumental heaps of ****... BUT they come with a life-time guarantee. you buy one and you've bought your last one (until they replace it, that is).
Last edited by GrisKy at Jul 10, 2009,
Whatever cables I can get

I need to get at least one good reliable cable, because I have to keep fixing this old one I have. I have a Champion cable, it's pretty much a patch cable, but if I have to, I will use it.
Bullet Cables ala Paul Gilbert for my guitar to my board:

The rest are just a mix of Monster and whatever that cheap brand on Musicians friend is.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
im gonna buy some Mogami's

but right now i use the cables that went with my starter pack
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Planet Waves custom pro from guitar to amp, and Planet Waves classic speaker cables for Amp-->MiniMASS-->Cab
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 11, 2009,
planet waves custom pros work for me. they supposedly have a lifetime warranty but I haven't had to replace any yet so I don't know how difficult it is.
we are talking about front-loaded cables, right? not speaker cables?
EDIT: in addition to my previous post (end of EDIT)... I like Monster Pro 1000's into my cabs
Last edited by GrisKy at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
im gonna buy some Mogami's

but right now i use the cables that went with my starter pack

If you get some Mogami's, get the ones from Lava Cable or make your own. It's more reliable and cheaper unless GC has a sale or something. They're $25.95 from Lava for 10 ft and 44.95 from GC for 10 ft and you get the nicer G&H connectors from Lava. Building your own would be $13.64 for 10 ft with higher quality Neutrik NP2X connectors and I think 16 with the G&H connectors.

EDIT: Apparently PRS has a new line of Guitar, Speaker and Mic cables. Supposedly low capacitance and very transparent but I wanna see the specs and try one out.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by mmolteratx
If you get some Mogami's, get the ones from Lava Cable or make your own. It's more reliable and cheaper unless GC has a sale or something. They're $25.95 from Lava for 10 ft and 44.95 from GC for 10 ft and you get the nicer G&H connectors from Lava. Building your own would be $13.64 for 10 ft with higher quality Neutrik NP2X connectors and I think 16 with the G&H connectors.

EDIT: Apparently PRS has a new line of Guitar, Speaker and Mic cables. Supposedly low capacitance and very transparent but I wanna see the specs and try one out.

dang wish I new this 2 months ago when I bought my 10footer from GC...

Where is the best place to buy mogami cable by the foot and neutrik jacks? I'm just going to make my own patch cables as it should be much cheaper.
Monsters
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I use george l's. You make them to whatever length you want and no soldering required. Just cut the cable to length, insert into jack and tighten a screw
Planet Waves and Mogami.
Hot swaps without the "pops" FTW.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Jul 11, 2009,
Planet Waves pedal board kit for my pedal board
Monster cable from the pedal board to the amp
Monster cable to connect my head to my cab
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by blue_strat
Klotz La Grange cables are supposedly the industry standard.

Thats what I use. Here in the EU they are pretty cheap too. It's unfortunate Kendrick marks them up so much for US distribution.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by ninjab
dang wish I new this 2 months ago when I bought my 10footer from GC...

Where is the best place to buy mogami cable by the foot and neutrik jacks? I'm just going to make my own patch cables as it should be much cheaper.

Cable- http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=5598
Straight Plug- http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=10559
Silent Straight Plug- http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=15160
Right Angle Plug- http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=12204
Silent Right Angle Plug- http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=11726

BTW, I screwed up the price earlier. 1 foot of Mogami cable is $0.73, not $0.86. So it'd be about a dollar cheaper than what I posted earlier.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 12, 2009,
I use Monster cables for everything. I have never experienced a problem with them over the years . . .