About a month ago, I picked up a new ESP LTD EC-1000 along with a VOX AD50VT-XL Amp. So far, the only complaint I have is the ridiculous noise made if I move my fingers on the strings.

I know it happens with all (or atleast I think so) guitars, but it's especially loud with this new amp. I guess it could be because it's a "high gain" amp or whatever. I don't know.

I'd like to find a way to get rid of it. I was thinking of getting a noise gate. Is this a good idea, or would it destroy my tone?

If so, any other ideas? Or suggestions of noise gates?
learn how to not drag your fingers across the strings unless you're looking for that sound in the song
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
That is simply an issue of your technique. No amp or pedal in the world can save you from that. Learn to play cleanly.
Quote by eXperiment63
That is simply an issue of your technique. No amp or pedal in the world can save you from that. Learn to play cleanly.

+1
I realize that. But I'm saying its ridiculously sensitive. It doesnt come out so much when I'm playing. That's not the problem. But it feels like its nearly impossible to keep the amp quiet unless I turn the volume knob all the way down on my guitar.

If I play a simple power chord, and go to mute it quickly, there is noise even from that. It just seems like its too sensitive, and it's annoying.
From personal experience I am not going to rule out the amp, although your technique certainly has something to do with it. When I play with my microcube I have to be very careful, sympathetic vibrations and such are crazy. Then I use the tube amp all cranked and its not a problem anymore. Learn to control it though and it should never be a problem.