well it my idea to have this thing called V-fest at my house.were gonna move all the furniture and set up in my big living room right.
we have my band playing and another band and we have flyers and stuff.

so i was wondering is this a terrible idea?its also my bands first show.and i could also use some ideas.and im charging 3 bucks to get in.is charging a bad idea?
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
You should only charge if you're providing beer too. At least the first time. If it's a huge hit, you can charge next time. How old are you guys? What's the parent situation (if this isn't your own place)?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Only do it if you're house isnt too nice, and if theres doors right next to where theyre playing so that your guests dont have to go through your house to get wherever the bands playing, to reduce chances of someone messing up or stealing things, in your house.
Free Beer and pizza if it is a family/friends thing.

I've always wanted to call my band that.... Free Beer and Pizza, tonight starting at 9. It would work. I KNOW it would.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
No, make it free. You aren't a venue and nobody knows you.

People can bring there own food, you will look like tools if you sell food and drink.
Quote by JacobLampman
Free Beer and pizza if it is a family/friends thing.

I've always wanted to call my band that.... Free Beer and Pizza, tonight starting at 9. It would work. I KNOW it would.

its at my place and yea from he door its straight into where were playing.i was thinking of charging like 3 bucks just for the incovience of where wereplaying=P and were only 16 17.but yea not selling food and **** i was just thinking bring ur own beer n **** and parents are well aware.
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Seriously, trust me. Any amount of money to get in will be the reason lots of people do something else that night. I'm the same age as you, and when I tell people admission is $3-5, or whatever, their thoughts change and they won't go to the show.

And as far as alcohol, the chances of cops coming to the show due to noise are very high. Assuming you aren't old enough to drink where you live, don't let people bring drugs/booze into the house.

Seriously, I was playing a festival on the outskirts of a town, far away from any houses, and we were shut down due to a noise complaint and the organizers not having the right type of permit.

Keep it clean and free, and it should be a fun time. If you feel like you need money, burn some demo CDs if you have them or sell some other merch.
Keep it strictly friends and family only, or you could be facing a minor disaster. Never ever attempt to turn your home into a music venue, there's too much to go wrong. Keep it to the garden, or else make it a party just for your friends.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-522528/The-teen-party-50-yobs-trashed-house-drugged-family-puppy.html
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060301/house_party_0602/20060301