So, I've learned Petrucci's solo from Under a Glass Moon, and since I've got a strat, I can't really do the pull-up part of the harmonic at the end. It sounds cool doing the harmonic and just pulling it down, but it's really no way to end it. I can't really think of any other good way to finish it off, so I'm just looking for some suggestions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmq2C5kLoM

Here's the solo for reference.
Terrible even.
You just have to practice the divebomb, any guitar with a tremolo (sans the Bigsby's) can do them.
Quote by MRavioli
You just have to practice the divebomb, any guitar with a tremolo (sans the Bigsby's) can do them.

It's not the dive, it's the pull up at the end. He pulls the note down then back up. Strat bridges can only go down.
Terrible even.
Quote by Bad Technique
It's not the dive, it's the pull up at the end. He pulls the note down then back up. Strat bridges can only go down.

I have my bridge up a couple millimeters so I can go up or down. If you don't want to do that though you could just go down on one harmonic and then switch to a higher harmonic while the bar is still pressed down and release the bar.
You could push it down far enough so that you can pull it back up about 3/4 of the way for vibrato and when it's done, you return it to the normal position.
Quote by MRavioli

on a side note: is it odd that my bigsby on my epi les paul CAN do this, and not fall out of tune?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.