I'm planning on getting one of these guitars, but I can't decide. I mainly play metal or heavier rock stuff.

Here are the guitars:

Schecter Tempest Custom http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Tempest-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515866

Washburn Idol Series WI45 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-Idol-Series-WI45-Electric-Guitar?sku=515953

Opinions anyone?
i have a schecter c-1 hellraiser and i love it. the quality of schecter is great. i don't really know about washburns, but i don't think you can lose with a schecter.
i go with the schecter because their a good company that used to only provide quality parts but now build entire guitars. I too am interested in getting a Schecter guitar so i am in favour of it.
the pups are actually duncan designed, but don't worry about that. they sound sweet.
Some people think that artists the companies endorse should be a factor...

Schecter -> Avenged Sevenfold
Washburn -> Hannah Montanna

Who would you rather sound like?
))
Quote by jetwash69

))

Washburn -> All That Reamains, Disturbed, The Faceless (he uses ibanez aswell) Mudvayne
Quote by jetwash69

))

Hannah Montana. Avenged Sevenfold sucks.

Anyway, Schecter definitely. Better pickups and construction.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

i dont wanna fight with you jetwash69 but,

Washburn: Scott Ian, Jon Donais (before he switched to ESP), Paul Stanley, Greg Tribett, and just cuz washburn made a Hannah Montana guitar doesnt mean they sound like her "music". i agree schecters are the better way to go but washburns are also very good guitars.
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
They're "Duncan Designed" pickups, not actually Duncan's is my only complaint about the guitar. Meaning they could be horrid or great. My C-1 Plus has Duncan Designed and they're great for the guitar's price, but my old Jackson Kelly had Duncan Designed p'ups and they sounded terrible (IMO). The construction is great though, and it has a great sound to it from the little time I've used one at GC.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Both guitars look good, I'd go with the Schecter only because I've heard it being played before. Try both of them out if ya can, see which one ya like. I think the Schecter will have a thicker neck though.

Main line, try'em out.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
All,

The smiley face meant that I was just kidding.

I actually do like Schecter, but I don't have any experience with Washburn so I can't comment on them.

As for Duncans vs Duncan Designs, your mileage may vary. I just replaced the Duncan Design "Detonators" in my Avenger with a Duncan Invader in the bridge and a Sustainiac in the neck. The Invader loses a little definition; many prefer the Detonators, but the Invader is fine for what I play.

My Squier Affinity is getting the Detonators as soon as Sharp Concepts ships me the diamond plate pick guard to mount them in.

Cheers and flame on!
im going with schecter
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson