Hello fellow Pit members,

Lately, I've been getting into more rap and stuff and I was wondering: What're some good rap-turned-rock songs? Even if it's just like that Travis Barker/Soldja Boy remix where he just played some drums on top of the song (because personally I thought it sounded sweet as hell). Thanks!

-VVV
Girl Talk

Look it up.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by chaoticfables
Linkin Park/Jay-Z perhaps?

Yeah, I listened to that whole album and I love that kind of stuff. I wish they would do more together.
Listen to HollyWood Undead, and Crank That - I Set My Friends On Fire

Punk Goes Crunk CD too
beastie boys foo!

One of their songs even samples the drums from "when the levee breaks" by led zeppelin and the guitar riff from "sweet leaf" by black sabbath. Check them out!

EDIT: oops, rap-turned rock songs. What I suggested isn't really applicable to your question, but beastie boys mix rap and rock so I still think you should check them out.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by GuitarYay

Punk Goes Crunk CD too

That Crank That version was alright. I'm listening to Undead by HU and I'm thinkin' I like it... What other songs do you recommend?

Also, ilikeguitar90, no problem It doesn't really matter if it's rap-turned-rock or just a combination of the two. I like both.
Last edited by Veni~Vidi~Vici at Jul 10, 2009,
Jay-Z and Linkin Park redid alot of songs, and I thought it was a pretty cool album. A band called Any Day Now did a cover of Soulja Boy, and Devil Wears Prada did a pretty cool cover of Stay Fly. As for remixes, I found some pretty good mash-ups of AC/DCs All Night Long with My Band by D12, and one of Drop it Like its Hot and Whole Lotta Love. Run-DMC and Aerosmith redid Walk This Way, which was really popular, and the infamous DJ Danger Mouse has a whole album of mash-ups combining The Beatles' White album and Jay-Z's Black album, properly title the Grey album. And theres always the Punk Goes Crunk album.

EDIT: There's also Lil' Wayne's new "rock" album, altho I wouldn't exactly recommend it too well from the songs Ive heard.
EDIT2: There's also a version of N.W.A's classic "Straight Outta Compton" set to Smells like Teen Spirit. Interesting to say the least.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Jul 10, 2009,
I dunno know the name, but at a school dance I heard this cover of Stairway to Heaven. So I am like "WTF this isn't Led Zeppelin." Then after about the 2nd chorus it goes into a hip hop version of the song. God I hate school dances. I still can't find that version though.
get ceunk redone by brokeNcyde

edit:get crunk... my bad
Cool Story Bro!!!
also ben but call me chimmy

gentlemen thread, the group

Quote by dawginator
Oh rather? I say, you GentleNinja skills are most epic my good man! If it weren't for you, I would be speaking French!
Oh wait...

i slayed napoleon
Last edited by Chimmy C. at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by lzcougarz3
Bring the Noise - Public Enemy and Anthrax

+1 to this.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
There aren't any?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I can only think of the punk goes crunk cd.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by GuitarYay

Punk Goes Crunk CD too

That ISMFOF song is just complete ****.

Don't listen to that crap.

The only thing I know of is the linkin park/jay-z thing. And it was pretty good.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Veni~Vidi~Vici
That Crank That version was alright. I'm listening to Undead by HU and I'm thinkin' I like it... What other songs do you recommend?

Also, ilikeguitar90, no problem It doesn't really matter if it's rap-turned-rock or just a combination of the two. I like both.

Knife Called Lust, Bitches, Christmas Time In Hollywood, My Black Dahlia

I like all of their stuff, but those are some of my favs, I recommend listening to it all.

Quote by Ganoosh
That ISMFOF song is just complete ****.

Don't listen to that crap.

The only thing I know of is the linkin park/jay-z thing. And it was pretty good.

personally I thought the Linkin Park/Jay-Z was ****, but that's just me
Last edited by GuitarYay at Jul 11, 2009,
There's a rock remix of Stuntin' Like My Daddy by Lil Wayne and Birdman which is quite nice.
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.