My dad and I were cruising back from a nice dinner with the family in the nect town over, him and my mom got divorced so he lives in Minneapolis and I live up north.

I guess there was some lady he dated for a while and they had a kid, and he never told me unitl now. I'm the only one to know out of my 4 other brothers and half sister

Just how much of a pile of **** is he, I'm not going to explain anything about other things but this just made me lose all respect becuase he never told anyone....

so anyways, just felt like getting that out....Fuck is the only word that comes to mind.... thanks for reading if you did
Cool.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

0/10 would not read again
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Your story does not constitute a thread but rather a blog. Thanks for reading.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
yea man, i agree with Vad... unless he was taggin this broad when him and your mom were together, who the hell cares? obviously its prolly messed up to find out you have another sibling, but no need to be all emo about it. givem a high five and go for ice cream
well the kid is almost 30, and he never had any contact with him never talked to him or anything, just makes me think of him as a peice of ****
Quote by Bluestribute
. . . I don't get it? Wouldn't you be happy knowing you have a nother sibling?

I wouldn't. I'd be pretty pissed off to.
It's not even that I have another brother, its that he has always been a bad parent, and now this for me just makes it worse, he was just a teenager and had a kid and put him up for adoption and has no contact with the kid, and he thinks that that is alright that he doesnt communicate.. but then again that could be for the benefit of the kid
Yeah man, things suck. People will only let you down. You'll realize that more and more through out your life. The only thing you can do is choose not to be like him. It's what I did, but people hate me so don't take my advice. I've been banned off 8 sights and told to die countless times if it matters.
TS, sometimes it's not fair. Sometimes you need to look around you, even at your family and see that sometimes your life wasn't meant to be like a fairy tale.

You'll live through it, hopefully you'll find something out of it rather than storing it up.
Quote by mitchellator
It's not even that I have another brother, its that he has always been a bad parent, and now this for me just makes it worse, he was just a teenager and had a kid and put him up for adoption and has no contact with the kid, and he thinks that that is alright that he doesnt communicate.. but then again that could be for the benefit of the kid

Because you've obviously never made mistakes in your life.

Tbh, putting it up for adoption is the best thing he could do, and I still say that as long as he didn't cheat on your mother, I don't see a reason for your fit of anger.
Yeah, would it've been better for him to keep it so it'd couldn't get the most out of life because of the poor financial position that he was in when he was younger?

Quite whining.
So you're mad at your dad because he made a responsible decision in his youth in response to one of his mistakes?

Look, its obviously not this that is bothering you. You're looking for anyway to blame your dad because you blame him for your parents divorce. You've demonized him.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
No, i'm not mad i'm just dissappointed in that he never told any of my brothers or me, he is just trivializing something that isn't
awesome. I'd get him into drugs and just overall be a bad influence on him.

Quote by TunerAddict
So you're mad at your dad because he made a responsible decision in his youth in response to one of his mistakes?

Look, its obviously not this that is bothering you. You're looking for anyway to blame your dad because you blame him for your parents divorce. You've demonized him.

you should be a psychologist. srsly.
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by mitchellator
No, i'm not mad i'm just dissappointed in that he never told any of my brothers or me, he is just trivializing something that isn't

Why should he tell you? So you think of him as a crap when your were a little kid?
To be honest, most parents wouldn't have told anyone. I don't see exactly why you should be mad at him. He made a responsible decision and he has the right to keep it to himself.
Although obviously, I'm not in your position and can't judge him. But try to detach yourself a bit from your feelings and see things the rational way.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 11, 2009,
i understand why youre pissed but maybe you should look at it as him being the most honest with you. he told you and NOT anyone else afterall. that probably means that he trusts you the most/is closest to you through his eyes.

just saying.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by mitchellator
thanks to all of those douchebags in this thread

It's called the internet. Get used to it. Personally I don't see this as the best place to vent family issues anyways.
Quote by urik
But try to detach yourself a bit from your feelings and see things the rational way.

Much easier said than done.

In fact, telling somebody to do this bluntly probably only makes it more difficult to do so. Tact is key, and being insensitive over a topic you have never experienced first-hand never leads to wise answers. What your post insinuated is that TS is an irrational person, while you glorify a person you've never met that has obviously cause him harm in one way or another.
Quote by Zaphikh
Much easier said than done.

In fact, telling somebody to do this bluntly probably only makes it more difficult to do so. Tact is key, and being insensitive over a topic you have never experienced first-hand never leads to wise answers. What your post insinuated is that TS is an irrational person, while you glorify a person you've never met that has obviously cause him harm in one way or another.

Actually, a very close family member of mine told me when he was young he made his girlfriend get an abortion. I'm his only family member that knows about that. I did see things the rational way although it wasn't my father.
I'm just being rational. I'm not sure what would be best. Should I tell him that his father is crap, even if with the info that we have about him he doesn't sound like that bad of a person? I usually try to put myself in the eyes of the other. Most of the times it helps.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by mitchellator
thanks to all of those douchebags in this thread

we're not d'bags, that story just really sucked
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
im guessing because he didn't know he has an older brother, Im pretty sure most of us would react like, maybe to a less extreme, but still you would be like WTF i have an older brother that is almost 30 years old why did you never tell me?!

or something like that, why hide it for so long?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.