Page 1 of 2
Robots can do just about anything. They can assemble vehicles, risk their non-life to retrieve a car bomb, dance, kill, rape, and even play Guitar Hero without missing a note. So when are these emotionless tin cans going to shred? That I would like to see, even if their tone will suck ass.

Once Japan gets on this, I demand a face off between the guitar playing robot and Yngwie Malmsteen.
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
you mean like midi?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
they would probably just play chords because only humans are worthy of the awesomeness that is shredding.
Quote by halvies
Robots will never play guitar, they can't put feeling into their playing

+1
Technically speaking robots have been able to play guitar for years.

But in the sense of an actual robot physically playing an actual guitar... Probably wont ever happen, it'd be pointless, entirely possible with todays technology though.
Quote by hocusfocus
John Petrucci Buckethead already plays guitar

Fix'd
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
robots someday will be able to play anything already made. And improvise, but using licks already used and programmed into him. Robots won't ever learn how to make good music by themselves. The closest they can get is putting random sequences of chords or licks together because only humans can tell what sounds good or not.
Computer programmed music is kind of the same thing as robots playing guitar, except it's pointless because humans can already get any sound they need out of a guitar without robots. I think computer programmed music explores a lot of cool possibilities, but robots playing guitar is pretty pointless.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I think his playing sounds way to robotic
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I don't think those count because each song has to be programmed. The robot has no part in the creative process.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by bokma
+1

+2
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by halvies
Robots will never play guitar, they can't put feeling into their playing

1. When people talk about putting emotion into playing, they usually mean making stupid faces and using a lot of vibrato and bends.
2. If robots could play guitar, they could certainly use vibrato and bends and they could probably make stupid faces if necessary.
3. Emotions aren't some magical thing that can never be replicated by robots.
where can I get a robot drummer? they seem to have perfect rhythm compared to the other ones :O

sorry!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by werty22
1. When people talk about putting emotion into playing, they usually mean making stupid faces and using a lot of vibrato and bends.
2. If robots could play guitar, they could certainly use vibrato and bends and they could probably make stupid faces if necessary.

This is so incredibly right. I'm tired of people saying that music is self-expression. Not that it isn't; it's just that everything you do from the way you walk to the way you blow your nose is self-expression (there is something about you that makes you do it a certain way).

I would also like to note that it is not necessary for people to be emotional at all when composing or playing music. Sadness (in music), is a quality of music not necessarily of the person that wrote/played the music.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by itchy guitar
you mean like midi?

thread has been won.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
If robots learn to play guitar, we'll have a world filled with Michael Angelo Batios.
DeVillains!
Quote by werty22

They are some magical thing. If anything could have them, then how come only living organisims(sp??) have them? I don't see my mousemat suffering from depression.

What I mean, is, sure you could program and replicate the effects of emotions that happen to the human body into robots, but could you actually program an emotion into a machine?

I don't think so.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Quote by werty22

Just...

You... just don't get it. This is so bad i'm not gonna even argue with this ignorence.

Robots are programmed by humans, so they will never truely play their own music.

But if they start using algorithims, musicians are in deep shit. (shit *edited for those with UG classic still.)
I'd like to see a robot with a strat into a naturally over-driven fender tube amp play the blues.

Can't see that happening. Ever.
Page 1 of 2