I was thinking of checking out a rg1570 but then I was thinking with the edge pro bridge would the strings pitch shift if i had my hand on it for palm mutes?
i have that guitar, and it doesnt pitch shift for me, although it will do that with all floating bridges. it only does it if you slam your hand on it or press down real hard. and also dont put your hand too far back or it will be easy to shift whith your hand far back on the bridge
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Yeah, pitch won't be a problem. Just don't try to destroy the thing every time you mute and there won't be trouble. The only problem with it is that it's an Ibanez >.>
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by dr.rock666
its like that for all floating trems, you just gotta get used to how much pressure you put on the bridge/where you place your palm

this, also, where you put your hand matters big time.

if you put it between the two posts, like to palm mute, you can put a good bit of pressure on it without any sort pitch bending (atleast with my experience with floyds)
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
any floating trem will do it a little but if you can develop the touch it takes to palm mute in the first place you can learn how to play on it.
canton huh megadeth? small world...
So basically i need to put ALOT of pressure on it to raise the pitch? If thats the case then I'm fine with that I don't put alot of pressure when palm mutting anyways
Quote by metalcorefan
So basically i need to put ALOT of pressure on it to raise the pitch? If thats the case then I'm fine with that I don't put alot of pressure when palm mutting anyways

it takes a special touch, once you figure out how to, you can apply a good bit of pressure, not A LOT.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Look into the RG3550Z or RG3570Z. Edge Zeros don't move unless you touch the arm. You can break a string and it would remain in tune.
when i first got my RG570 i was so frustrated because i couldn't palm mute without my guitar sounding like it's "batteries were running low." (what it sounds like when the pitch is just a little off)

now i can palm mute for days and never knock it out of tune. give yourself 10 minutes to practice with the new bridge and you'll be fine.
Quote by metalcorefan

i wouldn't say it requires alot of pressue like there is a point where if you put any pressure that it will start to go out of tune and like said just give yourself time to play with it and you'll eventually find out just the perfect amount.