Page 1 of 4
I deathly afraid of the dark and all my friends and family tell me that I have to grow up, but isn't it really just like any other fear people have? And if you're also afraid let me know, so I don't feel like I'm the only 18 year old kid afraid of the dark.
You know, think about this:

Chuck Norris isn't afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

I bet 'dark' is older than you
Have you run your fingers down the wall.
And have you felt your neck skin crawl.
When you're searching for the light?
Sometimes when you're scared to take a look.
At the corner of the room.
You've sensed that somethings watching you.

Most certainly not childish. It's a phobia like any other.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Bleurgh
Do you have a constant fear that someone's always near?
Actually kind of. I always look behind me when I'm running or in my room on the computer to make sure nobodies there. I think I have a minor case of paranoia.
Quote by itchy guitar
Have you run your fingers down the wall.
And have you felt your neck skin crawl.
When you're searching for the light?
Sometimes when you're scared to take a look.
At the corner of the room.
You've sensed that somethings watching you.

Most certainly not childish. It's a phobia like any other.

wtf that isn't going to help the guy
i sleep with a light and well i'm 18 don't need it tho
hmm the light is for mi weedd plant..lol face your fears and ud eventually get over it..
but some times **** up stuff do happen and i hope its my imagination
Is it childish? Yes.
Is it something that you should be ashamed of? No.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
Actually kind of. I always look behind me when I'm running or in my room on the computer to make sure nobodies there. I think I have a minor case of paranoia.

Do you mean like you've been alone at night, thought you heard footsteps behind, and turned around and no one was there?
*parp*
Feeeeeeeear Of The Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!
Iron Maiden Ftw
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
It's a fear that everybody has or has had. When somebody rubs it in your face that you have a fear of the dark, just remind them that at one point in their life, they too were terrified of the dark.
Quote by metalheadblues
iron maiden has a song that you can relate too
fear of the dark haha

You just told the other guy who posted the Fear of the Dark lyrics that he wasn't helping.
Now you bring up the same thing.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12

You may indeed be paranoid. That, or you've gotten into the habit of not taking into account the reality of the situation, because in these circumstances common sense tells you that there's nothing to be afraid of, unless you've had a traumatising experience in the past.

When you're scared, think of this: What's the worst that can happen, and how likely is it to occur? Am I being realistic?

And distract yourself mentally. It's easy to get caught up in thoughts that just escalate if you dwell on them.
I think its not the dark you're afraid of, but rather what's IN the dark.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Bleurgh
Do you mean like you've been alone at night, thought you heard footsteps behind, and turned around and no one was there?
I can't tell if you're ****ing with me and those are lyrics to a song or something, but yeah actually.
i agree with stickfigurekill, every body has had it, but i you have to grow out of it somtime
e-adopted to mdwallin and chaoticfables!
nope, lots of people are afraid of the dark. nobody is comfortable in pitch black darkness. humans don't have good hearing like some other animals. sight is our only meaning of being able to know whats around us, and when that is taken away, its scary.

also: i like what the users above said about "you're not afraid of the dark, you're afraid of what's IN the dark". this is true, but common sense tells you that you know very well there is nothing lurking and waiting in the dark when you're sitting in your bedroom, so you just need to remind yourself of that.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by metalheadblues
iron maiden has a song that you can relate too
fear of the dark haha

Hypocrite? I think so.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I can't tell if you're ****ing with me and those are lyrics to a song or something, but yeah actually.

It's more lyrics to the song I posted earlier. Fear Of The Dark by Iron Maiden.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by protest000
You just told the other guy who posted the Fear of the Dark lyrics that he wasn't helping.
Now you bring up the same thing.

i didn't even know that was the lyrics of the song i only just realised
I personally love the dark, but it is nothing to be ashamed of.
...I'm not that great.
i used to be quite afraid of the dark too, up until when i was like 15. at that point i had started to completely avoid scary movies, and i guess it worked cuz i'm fine now.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Sometimes i'm more paranoid than afraid of it but it happens rarely
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'm 15, and I have to admit, I'm slightly afraid of the dark.

But, that's because I swear to god I'm mildly schizophrenic, and I see faces.
I'm afraid of the dark sometimes because I'm paranoid somethings there. It's normal, I don't think its childish nor something to be ashamed of. Everyone is scared of something.
Quote by OnlyIbanez12

Yeah it's kinda like as you quicken up your pace, you find it hard to look again because you're sure there's someone there.
*parp*
I'm not afraid OF the dark.

I'm afraid of what hides there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm afraid of the dark too, don't be ashamed, it's a phobia among other
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by Bleurgh
Yeah it's kinda like as you quicken up your pace, you find it hard to look again because you're sure there's someone there.
Lmao, are you inside of my head or something?
i haven't been "afraid" of the dark for a while, i still get a little paranoid and nervous in the dark sometimes, but everyone is like that, HOWEVER one time when i went camping i woke up in the middle of the night and i had to pee. so i got out of my tent, and walked to the toilet, everything was going fine but then i decided to go down to the lake. i then got to see this:

except it was PITCH black, and all you see is that massive rock jutting up from the lake (its somewhere over 400 feet tall, going down another 400 feet under water in the deepest lake in ontario, so it's very spooky) in the moonlight, and the lake itself. after that spooky scene i was TERRIFIED walking 15 minutes back to my campsite with no flashlight or lantern and no light to guide me. i was very VERY afraid of the dark at that point.

(pic is at Bon Echo provincial park in Ontario, just in case anyone has been there and wishes to share in a high-five)
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by OnlyIbanez12

It's in the song.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12

No, but Steve Harris is.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I deathly afraid of the dark and all my friends and family tell me that I have to grow up, but isn't it really just like any other fear people have? And if you're also afraid let me know, so I don't feel like I'm the only 18 year old kid afraid of the dark.

Nope. I'm 16 and I'm still iffy with it. My imagination runs too wild as a result of too many horror movies as a kid. Oh, and the beheading videos my dad showed me. So yeah.
I'm 23 and being in the dark alone still bugs the **** out of me, I have Christmas lights up around my house all year round because I can't sleep when it's completely dark.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Quote by Night_Lights
Don't be afraid of the dark. Be afraid of what's in it.

Your username made me lol.

If you are in a dark alley, it's understandable. But if you are just in your room, that's just not normal.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I don't think so. I can be scared of the dark sometimes, but I think it stems from my paranoia. People tell me all the time that I'm paranoid. I flich if somebody tries to pat me on the back, I tend to keep staring at cars if they do odd behavior (ex. stop at a stop sign for an unusual amount of time) because I believe they're doing something that involves spying on me. I believe the F.B.I. listens to what we say through devices put in our computers, etc.

So losing my sense of sight definitely increases my paranoia and I wouldn't call paranoia a childish thing.
Page 1 of 4