Page 1 of 2
I search bar'd this and found nothing so,
why do you all in the pit play guitar?
When the teacher of my guitar class asked, all the guys said because chicks like it.
Anyone play for a different reason than chicks?
Quote by lzcougarz3
To get laid.

Pretty much this.

It could also be the fact that music is the only thing that I've ever actually been interested in.

If I couldn't play guitar/do music, I'm not sure what I would do.
Quote by blackthought
I do because I enjoy it. Then again, I'm a terrible guitarist, so you shouldn't listen to me.

me too
To make composing easier, and learning guitar benefits my bass playing by adding perspective.

Also, because it's fun.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Jul 11, 2009,
It turns me on.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Because I can express myself with my guitar
alos because wherever life take me and whoever broke my heart or leave me, I know my guitar will still be there for me

My axe is my only true love, with my parent and my brother,
girls will come and go, but my axe will remain

this is also a great feeling, to know that I have found a meaning for my life, I know alot of people who only want to make money and make a family, I want to do that too, but I also have a higher expectation , creating music

( sorry for my english )
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by Zoot Allures
Because it's a way of expression. I've never been any good at writing lyrics and i really find guitar as the best way of expression and i love playing it.

I'm the total opposite. I'm a much better writer than I am guitar player. Just throwing that out there.
Because it's the only thing that I love doing with all my heart. Well playing guitar, fapping and trolling.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I play because of Paul Gilbert.
A poor guitarist for two years' gear:
Dean Vendetta XM
Roland Microcube

Getting/Saving up for:
Jackson Dinky MG Series (Transparent Red)
B-52 AT 112 - Amp choice still deciding but I have about $140 towards an amp.
how else can I play teh metallzzz ?
But seriously, sometimes when I come home (late) from a busy day, I dont bother turning the lights on, I just grab my guitar and I often play for several hours...
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I was in band in Junior High and I moved to a new school and hated the high school director there with a passion. So when I quit band I wanted something that kept me into playing music so I picked up geetar
Because I wanted to be the best. But until I seen buckethead, dimebag, malmsteen and all of those people it was killed. So I play because I like the sound of the guitar?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by blackthought
I'm the total opposite. I'm a much better writer than I am guitar player. Just throwing that out there.

I wish i could do both I wouldn't ever give up making instrumental music because that's my thing but i'm just crap at writing lyrics and i dont rly like my voice.
I don't know if guys find it attractive if a girl plays guitar or not but I play because ever since I was little I've liked classic rock and wanted to be like them so I figured would try guitar
Something I really enjoy.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
I originally picked up the guitar because I didn't really have any other hobbies and I wanted to find one that was interesting. I stuck with it because I became fascinated with music. The fact that girls like guitarists never crossed my mind because I already had a girlfriend when I began playing and we are still together now.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Cause I find it interesting, being able to express oneself through music, and getting paid laid for doing it.
Quote by leprechauner57
I don't know if guys find it attractive if a girl plays guitar or not but I play because ever since I was little I've liked classic rock and wanted to be like them so I figured would try guitar
We do if you play well. If you play just the standard open chord stuff then meh.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 11, 2009,
Im too white to rap. Little Wayne is my idol and he plays.

But seriously Dad played guitar and im too white to rap.
A. It's fun.
B. There's a chance you could get some women because of it.
C. It's fun.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

honestly, its because of Billy Corgan. First time i heard Zero... i wanted to play guitar.

that was and is my inspiration, and i play because its fun. : /
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
it makes me feel good
Carlos Santana inspires me and is my hero
Cool Story Bro!!!
also ben but call me chimmy

gentlemen thread, the group

Quote by dawginator
Oh rather? I say, you GentleNinja skills are most epic my good man! If it weren't for you, I would be speaking French!
Oh wait...

i slayed napoleon
Last edited by Chimmy C. at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by blackthought
I'm the total opposite. I'm a much better writer than I am guitar player.

Just throwing that out there.

You two should start a band.

Just throwing that out there.

Quote by leprechauner57

I find any girl who likes Pink Floyd amazing.

/e-creepyness.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 11, 2009,
Yeah this has been done actually ... I saw it a couple months back.

But i play to relieve anger and for chicks
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pat_s1t
We do if you play well. If you play just the standard open chord stuff then meh.

Holy fucking llamas, I just thought about what it would be like to trade solos and jam prog metal with your girlfriend.

That is extremely fucking relevant to my interests.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jul 11, 2009,
Page 1 of 2