So im long due for a new guitar, im currently using an epiphone les paul studio that i've had for 5 years now. I really want something new and i have my eyes on a Gibson V (600$ used)..now thing is someone posted a jcm 800 4104 212 up for 650ish...

I have a valveking 112 w/ eq-veteran 30, so i can get a semi decent sound..

Now question is do i pick the JCM 800 up now and wait on the guitar, or just pass and buy my V?

I play old shcool death metal/thrash metal, so i know w/ a boost it will suit me well, and i can always save more money for a guitar as my Epi works fine.

forgot to mention if i do purchase the V, then i had planned to buy an 800 or DSL down the road.

What should i do?!?
Last edited by Carrionshine at Jul 11, 2009,
The Marshall will upgrade your tone much more than a new V.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Alright guitar+JCM-800 > Gibson V+Valveking
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

That's what im kinda figuring, and i can always sell my valve to help pay for new guitar sometime..

well just so i know its the 50 watt 2x12 version. Can anyone explain how signifcant it would be compared to a head/cab.
Ive never been a fan of the v's but i think you should do the guitar. A new guitar can do a lot, it doesnt help your tone as much but it makes you want to play more and will be a higher quality. You have a decent amp already. I think its time you get a nice guitar you deserve a better one by now.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
In a pickle?

I would pick the amp. A nice Marshall JCM 800 would be worth sticking with the Epi (which usually aren't bad guitars).

(e-cookie for whoever gets the pic reference)
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Jul 11, 2009,
Always amp first.

You'll love the 50W JCM 800. Do you know what year it is?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Personally i'd get a guitar. However you can't fail picking between a JCM and a Gibson. Either way you'll be satisfied
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Get the amp, without a doubt. The 2x12 combo's are quite nice, especially at 50w, gobs of sweet tone from those, with a boost they are quite versatile as long as you don't need it to play loud cleans.

I would play Vee a while before buying one, they are weird to play, neck-heavy on a strap and don't sit on your leg right while seated. If you spend some time with one and still like it, go ahead, they are famous for a reason. As alternatives maybe an Gibson SG for a few hundred more than that vee. Maybe even save up a few more bucks and get an LP Classic, hottest p-ups Gibson has stock, decent for old-school metal and classic rock, can be found for about 1k used.
Last edited by Chetbango at Jul 11, 2009,
Hey, the guy told me he wasnt sure what year the 800 was, but said it has a sticker on the back that says "12-22-99" so im guessing its from 1999?
go with the amp, u can always put new pups in for better tone
PRS Tremonti SE
Ibanez 320 RG DX QM
PEAVEY RAPTOR MUTANT
DIMARZIO PUPS
CRATE 2X12 120W
Crate APM-75
Boss Dr-3
GR-30, GT-10...
Quote by Carrionshine
Hey, the guy told me he wasnt sure what year the 800 was, but said it has a sticker on the back that says "12-22-99" so im guessing its from 1999?

Hmm. What power tubes are in it?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society