Hey I was wondering if anybody could suggest a book that teaches scales in-depth and has a lot of exercises. I have the Guitar for dummies and it's okay but it's mostly (Here's some chords play a song) type stuff, which is good for starting out but I need to work on scales so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Mark Dziuba's "The Ultimate Guitar Scale Bible" is by far the best scale book out there. It has almost 140 pages of scales to learn. Each page contains the scale in sheet, tab, and fretboard diagrams in a good number of fingerings. It also has a short paragraph about each scale's sound, complimentary chord voicings, and how to implement it into music.
"Balance not just for karate, balance for whole life."
What sort of scales are you looking for?

You don't really need anything more than major scales and pentatonics, for writing and improvising respectively.

And if you look here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091788 There are some good exercises. I usually just play different arpeggios up and down the board when I want exercises, but whatever.

There, I just saved you 20 dollars on a book and a few months reading it . Enjoy.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
The Guitar Grimoire is highly over-rated, it doesn't actually teach you anything - it's certainly the last place to look if you want "depth".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What sort of scales are you looking for?

You don't really need anything more than major scales and pentatonics, for writing and improvising respectively.

And if you look here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1091788 There are some good exercises. I usually just play different arpeggios up and down the board when I want exercises, but whatever.

There, I just saved you 20 dollars on a book and a few months reading it . Enjoy.

Thanks those are the scales I need to get down the most, and later on I might go into other scales, I check out the link thanks!