well, i got a Blues Jr. The store had one Superchamp XD left and it had been on the floor for two months. consider this a test, if i don't like it, i have 30 days. but i played it for about an hour and the cleans were amazing, which was the most important. it was $390 + they threw in a free O/D pedal. I thought it was a pretty good deal, i almost went with a Roland Cube or Vypyr just for something cheaper, but i'd figure i'd give it a test.
Last edited by thrasher. at Jul 11, 2009,
Pics please...

NAO!

....HNAD
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Congratz!!!
HNAD!! Seeing as your "thrasher", can you get thrash tones with the OD, or would you need a distortion?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Congrats!

Just chuck the Distortion pedal and get a good OD.

HNAD

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Congrats!

Just chuck the Distortion pedal and get a good OD.

HNAD

YEah, I'll probably take it back and get a TS9 or something.
Quote by thrasher.
If you're using the Boss as a heavy metal pedal, the TS9 isn't a good substitute; it doesn't really have a lot of gain. It's a boost pedal.
Make sure it does the metal tones you like. Test the pedals in the store to avoid having to go back and return/exchange it later.

HnBJd.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

HNAD!!

sigged

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by gregs1020
Make sure it does the metal tones you like. Test the pedals in the store to avoid having to go back and return/exchange it later.

HnBJd.

Well, they just gave me one. i didn't really get to choose.
Quote by thrasher.

Good job thrasher. I remember your thread. We discussed a lot of amps

Anyway, the Blues Jr is a great amp either starting out or to have to mess with so give it everything you've got, and the pedal's got, and make a decision later.

PS: Most amps sit on the floor for awhile so don't let that deter you. If anything, think about this. Most problems with amps happen in the first week (10-30 hours of playing) so keep that in mind.

HNAD
Quote by thrasher.
Well, they just gave me one. i didn't really get to choose.

ah i see. well "if" you dont like it you could sell it and put that cash towards a different pedal. great clean tone huh? i love a clean bj, lol.
Quote by thrasher.

Id just have both(i wouldn't use them both at the same time though, unless your going for that sound).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^^I like mine nice and dirty.

you mean with a dash of olive juice? /bartenderhumor
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Good job thrasher. I remember your thread. We discussed a lot of amps

Anyway, the Blues Jr is a great amp either starting out or to have to mess with so give it everything you've got, and the pedal's got, and make a decision later.

PS: Most amps sit on the floor for awhile so don't let that deter you. If anything, think about this. Most problems with amps happen in the first week (10-30 hours of playing) so keep that in mind.

HNAD

Yeah man, that's what I figured. I'm just starting out and don't need a Mesa Boogie with all these channels and a huge footswitch. I just wanted the basics, and good cleans with the ability to get some distortion and effects through some pedals. As I progress, I'll probably get something, but for now, I think I made a good choice.
First off, congrats my best friend has that amp and I love the cleans on it.

If you find yourself wanting a dirt pedal:
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1566&CategoryID=

Should be in stock in a week or two.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com