First of all, sorry for another amp thread and thanks for any help

Im looking for an amp that i can use to gig with, but it needs to be as cheap as possible as i dont have a job at the moment (£200ish) and have so far found these:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/30218-laney-lx65d-lx-guitar-combo-65-watts-12-celestion-driver-.html
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/12505-orange-crush-30r.html
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_fm212r_egitarrencombo.htm

the amp will be used for small gigs. My band plays just pretty much generic punk rock, like Pennywise or Anti-Flag, but i personally like to play everything from BB King to Metallica so a versatile amp is needed.

Again, thank for any help
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Giggable amps are very hard to find with a budget of £200. You might be able to find a Classic 30, but its a huge stretch. Any way you could push it up?
Doesn't size not matter if there is a PA?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Or you could get a moddeling amp such as a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr, a 15 watt tube should get you around giging volumes, though you won't find a good tube amp for 200.

Quote by splamron

Matters when you use a >1 watt amp that has NO clean headroom...
Quote by splamron
Its not about size. Its about quality.
i know tube amps are better and louder than solid state amps, but is that 5W Blackheart loud enough?
If you found something special then maybe i could go up to £250, but i dont want to
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Well, you could try and pick up either a Classic 30 or a Flextone for that much. Just look around and see what deals you can find. If your unsure of an amp, feel free to run it by UG.
Quote by splamron

can't really on just having a PA for every gig most you play will but others won't
If you're gonna go new I say vox VT50. They're around £250, are loud enough for small/medium gigs un-mic'd and have plenth of options.

IMO it's the best your gonna get for your budget.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by superfish1232
can't really on just having a PA for every gig most you play will but others won't

How is the vocalist gonna be herd over the rest of the band? There is always a PA.

I know a guy that gigs with a Valve Jr, not been to see him live but he's a pretty good sound engineer so if he says it works then I belive him.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
How is the vocalist gonna be herd over the rest of the band? There is always a PA.

Yes, but not all venues mic up your amps. I've done gigs where the only thing mic'd is vocals.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
Yes, but not all venues mic up your amps. I've done gigs where the only thing mic'd is vocals.

No all gigs need things to be mic'd, but unless you have every member of the band doing vocals there should be a spare input on the mixer. If you have a small amp a sound engineer will be happy to mic you up.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-