I'm thinking of buying a new guitar, a dean cadillac 1980

Any opinions on the guitar? I play a very wide range of songs: from bluesy sounds to heavy metal and classic rock/grunge and punk
I think it looks awful but that's personal taste. Looking at the woods it's liable to have a sound like an SG, rather than the slightly brighter LP. Pop a couple of actives in some time and it should be okay.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

besides being ridiculously ugly (sorry) the features seem decent. it's a shorter scale guitar, though, so not the best for downtuning. but i'm sure it would if you had 10 or 11's on it.
^yeah, I only use 11's, even for standard

I just have to try some, to see how they feel playing sit and standing.

Lurcher, why do you recommend active pups?
Dean stock pups are only average. I like my EMG's and they will bring out all aspects of the guitar's range. Yes, even cleans are enhanced. Crank them up and nothing compares to the sounds they will give you out of a valve amp. As has been said many times here, the advantage with a SS amp is less and often good passives will give the best tones.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Dean stock pups are only average. I like my EMG's and they will bring out all aspects of the guitar's range. Yes, even cleans are enhanced. Crank them up and nothing compares to the sounds they will give you out of a valve amp. As has been said many times here, the advantage with a SS amp is less and often good passives will give the best tones.

Yeah, I'm getting a cube30, so maybe I'll just stick with the stock pickups or, if I think I really want to change them I'll throw some passives. I don't see myself in the near future buying an All-Valve amp and being able to crank it enough to get a good tone out of EMG's