I'm currently shopping for a new guitar and amp. I decided on a epiphone les paul standard, but now I can't decide which amp to get a Line 6 Spider III 15W or a Peavey Vypyr 15 15W. They are both the same price ($100) and I have heard people make an arguement for each one. The Peavey sounds like it has more levels of distortion, but the Spider's presests are tempting (mostly the crunch option because they say its based on a marshall tone). I'm looking for the one that gives me a hard rock, blues tone, with capability to play metal. I'm going to test them out in the store, but I would really appreciate any advice anyone may have for me.
peavey
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
roland micro cube will sound the best. but it wont have all the preset channels that you can go back to.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
The Save Your Money Amp
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
The Save Your Money Amp

This.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Just save your money.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Get the Peavey. It's a great practice amp. You can always get something better later. The Peavey models Marshall tones as well. Presets are never as good as you would think.
Quote by Darkoblivion319
but the Spider's presests are tempting (mostly the crunch option because they say its based on a marshall tone).

Line 6 says a lot of things about the Spider amps. Don't believe a word. "Based off Marshall tone" does not mean it is Marshall tone. Think about when you see movies that are "based off a true story". Ever looked into the story? it's probably completely different. Same goes for Spider amps. It's all supposedly based off high end mesa, marshall peavey etc. amps. They sound COMPLETELY different.