I am going to purchase my first set of pedals. I play a bit of everything from blues to metal, classic rock, punk etc. So far I have picked 3:

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff

Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Boss DD-3 Delay

Do you think the choices are good and it'll satisfy my playing needs? What do you think of the DD-3 delay? Everybody recommends an analog delay but they are a tad expensive for me at the moment. Can I get a malmsteen/edge delay from it?

I've checked out the sound demos of metal muff. It's heavy even when you set it to light. Should I get another light distortion pedal like the Boss DS1 or the tubescreamer would cover it?

Is a noise gate necessary at this point? Please recommend a good electric and acoustic tuner.
Quote by DeadlySurfer
What guitar and amp have you got?

I got an ibanez RG and a crappy amp. I am separately saving up to buy a new amp. Basically I'll be using direct pedal distortion through speakers for small gigs until I get a new amp.
Quote by Rock Musician
I got an ibanez RG and a crappy amp. I am separately saving up to buy a new amp. Basically I'll be using direct pedal distortion through speakers for small gigs until I get a new amp.

That isn't going to work, unless the pedal is also a preamp, like the T.Rex Spindoctor.
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
That isn't going to work, unless the pedal is also a preamp, like the T.Rex Spindoctor.

+1

DI-ing a pedal through a PA sounds god-awful unless it's designed for that purpose - The Tech21 SansAmp GT2 will work too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com