So basically my PS3 broke from the YLOD and so i need to get it replaced. It's out of warranty so i thought that i'd have to pay to get it repaired.

Then my dad told me about an EU directive that says that products should last at least 2 years.

So my question is to anyone who knows about these things. Will i just be able to walk into my local GAME with the receipt and they will have to replace it?
Always make sure the girl is 18 first man...

ZEDIT: OOOOOOH Statuatory RIGHTS!
Forget what i just said...
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
Always make sure the girl is 18 first man...

Har har. Statutory -> statute -> law. Statutory rights = rights conferred to you by statute.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 11, 2009,
I think they'll have to replace it. Doesn't a warranty just add accidental damage to the table?

Not too clear about these things, I'm more of a construction industry lawyer...
Partially true, it's a directive that says that people should expect a certain time for a product to keep doing what it's supposed to do depending on the value of the product. For example, if you buy shoes for 10 € you could say they will last you 2 months and if you buy shoes for 100 € they should last you at least 1 1/2 years.

It's difficult however, because the store or manufacturer will interpret the life expectancy probably different than you do.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
As soon as I read "statutory" I thought of rape. Then I saw the word "rights" and was disappointed.