Hi all,

I´m looking for single humbucking strats the only two I know are?

Hello Kitty strat - A little bit too girly for me
Fenders Tom delogne signature strat - they don´t sell that one anymore

So does anyone know?

Drop them here and I will check them out
there was a squier that was made in the 80s during the van halen craze that had 1 humbucker in it. I owned one and it was just an awesome, great playing guitar
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
there was a squier that was made in the 80s during the van halen craze that had 1 humbucker in it. I owned one and it was just an awesome, great playing guitar

They make that, my friend said he saw it in a shop and I didn't belive him

You could get a Warmoth custom model?
Quote by JLT73

Okay thank you do you know a exact name of the guitar?
** I would like to have a guitar that's availble in Europe too because I live there and if I order something from the US the shipping costs are all over 100 $ so they have to be avaible in Europe too
Buy any strat, then get a new humbucker and pickguard. The switch could be changed to a three-way and have coil splitting features?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by AntiG3
Buy any strat, then get a new humbucker and pickguard. The switch could be changed to a three-way and have coil splitting features?

I was thinking of doing that yeah.... but the problem is I don't have a rout avaible
Fender made a one-off single bucker to commemorate the return of the Shelby Cobra or something like that. They gave it away along with a car. Might cost more than a Squier if you can find it.

Just get the hello kitty and have a custom pick guard made for it. Plan on spending between $65 to $150 for the pick guard.
Quote by jetwash69
Fender made a one-off single bucker to commemorate the return of the Shelby Cobra or something like that. They gave it away along with a car. Might cost more than a Squier if you can find it.

Just get the hello kitty and have a custom pick guard made for it. Plan on spending between $65 to $150 for the pick guard.

I'm going to respray it then
Quote by niels-uiterwaal

I was thinking of doing that yeah.... but the problem is I don't have a rout avaible

Almost all strats have big enough routes for a humbucker in the bridge.

If you're getting a 1 bucker pick guard, it's probably drilled for one volume knob only anyway. If you want coil splitting then get a 500K pot with a push-pull switch built in. Pull up for coil tapping.

Most "5-way" switches in strats are actually 3-way switches with 2 extra detents in between the real positions.
Quote by niels-uiterwaal

Get a strat that has an HSS layout, then you won´t need to rout.
Quote by Vlasco
Get a strat that has an HSS layout, then you won´t need to rout.

What HSS strast do you recommend? I saw squier's affinity series they looked ok to me but I don't know a lot of guitars
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
Okay thank you do you know a exact name of the guitar?

sorry man I can't remember. I had it several years ago.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
a custom pickguard won't cost you $50 to $150. buy from warmoth, their pickguards are $25 or $30 each. and it'll fit perfectly because they're a licensed fender parts manufacturer.

i'd go for a cheap-o squire HSS, then replace the pickguard.
i feel like it would be best to just get any strat in your price range that plays well. any strat you find should be routed for at least a humbucker in the bridge position. most are routed for HSH or have a full swimming pool route.

then replace the pickguard with a new one and get a decent pickup. you wont even need a new pickup if you get an HSS or HH strat. i just feel like you can get a better instrument if you get something and replace the 'guard instead of looking for something with 1 pickup to start.
What's wrong with a HSS, but instead of getting a new pickguard, just don't use the other pickups? Is there a tonal difference or something?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
There are some BC Rich super strats with an OFR and a single bridge humbucker designed when everyone was into Hair Metal. I think it is called the Gunslinger?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by jof1029
i feel like it would be best to just get any strat in your price range that plays well. any strat you find should be routed for at least a humbucker in the bridge position. most are routed for HSH or have a full swimming pool route.

then replace the pickguard with a new one and get a decent pickup. you wont even need a new pickup if you get an HSS or HH strat. i just feel like you can get a better instrument if you get something and replace the 'guard instead of looking for something with 1 pickup to start.

yeah just find a h/s/s model and leave it in the bridge all the time or just buy a new pickguard with only a bridge route and a volume and tone knob and you're all good to go.
Quote by jetwash69
Almost all strats have big enough routes for a humbucker in the bridge.

If you're getting a 1 bucker pick guard, it's probably drilled for one volume knob only anyway. If you want coil splitting then get a 500K pot with a push-pull switch built in. Pull up for coil tapping.

Most "5-way" switches in strats are actually 3-way switches with 2 extra detents in between the real positions.
I forgot that the switch slot was cut into the pickguard

I just figured that the TS/OP would find it kind of annoying if it slipped into the 2 extra slots in the switch.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
a custom pickguard won't cost you $50 to $150. buy from warmoth, their pickguards are $25 or $30 each. and it'll fit perfectly because they're a licensed fender parts manufacturer.

i'd go for a cheap-o squire HSS, then replace the pickguard.

Although Squier is owned by Fender, the Affinities don't have standard pick guards. Recently it was big news when Squier decided to use standardized Fender pick guard layouts for their "Standard" series Squiers. Those Squiers cost from $230 to $250 and are configured like an MIA Strat (22 frets, 2-point trem, same body thickness, etc).

I'm having a custom guard made right now for my Squier (to install 2 humbuckers) and before sending the old guard off to Sharp Concepts to use as a template to cut the new one, I held it up against the MIA Strat. They were different by around a 1/4" in some places--there's no way a regular Strat pick guard would fit.

Also, unless you want the crappy stock humbucker from a Squier HSS, there's no reason to get that configuration--All recent Squier and Fender (MIA & MIM) Stratocasters have generous pickup routs--many even have the "Swimming pool" configuration, so really there's no need for a router or for limiting yourself to one that came with an HSS config.