Page 1 of 2
http://www.loungeguitars.com/pub/product.php?fn=view&product_view=eg

There are some nice looking guitars there but they also have Fake gibsons which kinda makes me think maybe the whole store is dodgy. I was looking at a few old MiJ strats/teles but the selling fake gibsons kinda turned me off...

Legit or not?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I don't see any fake Gibson.
I see copy Gibsons, which they clearly state ARE copies.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
*rare and collectible*
*chinese copy of..*
* high price for PoS*

it may be legit, but its a rip-off
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by Vlasco
The prices seem high to me for some reason?

It's Australia.
it's all coming back

I had a feeling that I was missing something. That is why I added the question mark! Thanks hahah
Quote by Baby Joel
I don't see any fake Gibson.
I see copy Gibsons, which they clearly state ARE copies.

Chinese gibson copy for 1/5 the price of the real one and it says gibson on it? No not fake at all >.>

The gutars I am mainly looking at are a $395 MiJ "Torch" strat and a $695 "Fender Formentin Signature Stratocaster".

Also it is AUSTRALIAN for all the people unnable to read so the prices aren't really high.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jul 11, 2009,
Geez, I don´t go looking to see where everyone is from before browsing lol.

And yes the Gibson is fake - but the guy selling it is telling you that it is fake. If he wasn´t telling you then there would be a problem. Didn´t YOU read what he posted?
Last edited by Vlasco at Jul 11, 2009,
TS, But it clearly states it's a copy, so there's nothing to worry about.

Also, perhaps if Australia chose a more unique currency symbol, we wouldn't be confused.
it's all coming back

They should change all currency to Sigma notation. That would be really unique.

Then their cheques would look like this:

Last edited by Vlasco at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by shanchett99
*rare and collectible*
*chinese copy of..*
* high price for PoS*

it may be legit, but its a rip-off

you do know that the overseas companies that make gibsons also make allot of the ibenez, electra(crate after 89), and many more of cheaper guitars. in in the early 70s gibson went into those overseas factorys in china and japan and trained them on how to build guitars so outher than the head stock the mid 70s and up jap and china guitar are gibsons. i wouldnt really call them pos's the wood is lighter and has the same properties as the denser heavier woods we use here in the us..thouse of us who own both older and newer gibsons know the new one make good firewood.

basically what im saying here..is do a little research before you speak
There really is no such thing as a Chinese copy of a Gibson, They are counterfeit Guitars for sure and very high priced. The Gibson fakes/copies/counterfeits I have come across a lot of them and they are never more than a few hundred bucks. I would not trust any guitar from them they all could be fake. An honest dealer would never sell Gibson copies even if they claim they are copies.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 11, 2009,
what!!!! you put so much faith in a name and you dont even what Les Paul means

do you even know who les paul is? hes a guy who said i dont like acoustics and took a 4x4 and slapped some home made pickups on it making the first known electric guitar. he later put an old acoustic epiphone body on it just for looks. Gibson saw it and because they had more resources beat others to les paul. they signed an exclusive deal with him so he would only take public pix with gibbons' sigle cutaway, solid body, arch top. in 61 however Gibson put his name on the sg and les paul left them for a few years until Clapton started playing the guitar and people quit buying the cheaper models made by other companies. this put Mr Paul in a financial crunch and les paul came back to Gibson the only real les pauls Gibson made were only made from 52-60. les paul now to this day only endorses the original les pauls with the his own self wound pickups and custom switching. but due to the contract he has with Gibson they put his name on the single cut away, solid body guitars
you look in my gallery your going to see a jap guitar with hand wound pickups and a custom switch that was built by Matsumoku as joint project by peter framton, leslie west, and les paul.
legit store for sure but they've done a bit of moving around in the past few months and a few people who had items their have been questioning the motives.
Quote by jhaymon
what!!!! you put so much faith in a name and you dont even what Les Paul means

do you even know who les paul is? hes a guy who said i dont like acoustics and took a 4x4 and slapped some home made pickups on it making the first known electric guitar. he later put an old acoustic epiphone body on it just for looks. Gibson saw it and because they had more resources beat others to les paul. they signed an exclusive deal with him so he would only take public pix with gibbons' sigle cutaway, solid body, arch top. in 61 however Gibson put his name on the sg and les paul left them for a few years until Clapton started playing the guitar and people quit buying the cheaper models made by other companies. this put Mr Paul in a financial crunch and les paul came back to Gibson the only real les pauls Gibson made were only made from 52-60. les paul now to this day only endorses the original les pauls with the his own self wound pickups and custom switching. but due to the contract he has with Gibson they put his name on the single cut away, solid body guitars
you look in my gallery your going to see a jap guitar with hand wound pickups and a custom switch that was built by Matsumoku as joint project by peter framton, leslie west, and les paul.
Gibson rejected The Log...

It was only after the Telecaster became popular Gibson decided to ask Les Paul to endorse the LP. He had almost NOTHING to do with designing it. Les Paul is only related to the Gibby by name.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by Vlasco
Kingdom of Loathing! Your avatar is amazing!
They deleted my old account

Made a new one though, now I'm back to where I was, and it was fun doing it all over again! KoL is awesome.
That game has given me hours of hearty moxious laughs!

Oh man - if they delete old characters then they probably deleted mine by now.
the Gibsons have to be fake, sure he says they are chinese copies, but they say gibson on the headstock, so that means they are fake Gibsons, you could easily buy one and sell it on as a real one
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
the Gibsons have to be fake, sure he says they are chinese copies, but they say gibson on the headstock, so that means they are fake Gibsons, you could easily buy one and sell it on as a real one

And then get arrested for selling counterfeit goods.

I really hope you are joking, otherwise your just an idiot.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
of course im joking man, i said it because someone else would think its real because of the logo on the headstock
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Zeds.Ded at Jul 12, 2009,
Too bad everyone already figured out how many fakes are being sold 2nd hand in perth now. I've reported over 10 adds in the past month on gumtree because they were fake gibsons. The thing is 2 weeks later they get put up a "FAKE GIBSON LP ACE FREHLEY" and are still the same price >.>
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
there should be a rule for that too, im not sure but just because you say its a fake doesn't make it legal to sell it i think
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
there should be a rule for that too, im not sure but just because you say its a fake doesn't make it legal to sell it i think

if you tell the buyer i do believe it's legal it's when you don't notify the buyer and tell them they're buying an original piece of gear when it's a fake then you are in trouble.
Quote by Vlasco
That game has given me hours of hearty moxious laughs!

Oh man - if they delete old characters then they probably deleted mine by now.
They stopped doing the practice back in Feb '09.
Last time I played it was 3 or more years ago. I don´t remember. Loooong ago.
most or made by the myaxe corp in china. not really copys they just didnt change the headstocks when they bought gibons' overstock from japan..they put in there own electronics and sold them..they are not really copys theyre a custom gibson..pretty much what i do the gibsons' because their electronics are crap.

obtw.. that white ibenez is a collectible and worth allot more than they have it listed for.

do your research.
Quote by jhaymon
most or made by the myaxe corp in china. not really copys they just didnt change the headstocks when they bought gibons' overstock from japan..they put in there own electronics and sold them..they are not really copys theyre a custom gibson..pretty much what i do the gibsons' because their electronics are crap.

obtw.. that white ibenez is a collectible and worth allot more than they have it listed for.

do your research.

hypocrite.

gibsons are not made in japan. they have "orville by gibson" which would say just that on the headstock, and some epiphones, but none actually branded gibson.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
hypocrite.

gibsons are not made in japan. they have "orville by gibson" which would say just that on the headstock, and some epiphones, but none actually branded gibson.

when they shifted from kalamazoo to nashville in the early 80s they cut production because the factory floor was smaller..the demand is now greater and production in the plant hasnt improved that much..now explain to me how they sell 3 times as many guitars as they produce in a year out of the us plant.

and that brings up a totaly new point. your calling me a hypocrite when gibson moved their plant just so the could hire cheaper less experienced labor and charge twice as much for lower quality guitars.

how can you not know this stuff youve got the internet research isnt as hard as it was 20 years ago when i started collecting
Quote by jhaymon
when they shifted from kalamazoo to nashville in the early 80s they cut production because the factory floor was smaller..the demand is now greater and production in the plant hasnt improved that much..now explain to me how they sell 3 times as many guitars as they produce in a year out of the us plant.

and that brings up a totaly new point. your calling me a hypocrite when gibson moved their plant just so the could hire cheaper less experienced labor and charge twice as much for lower quality guitars.

how can you not know this stuff youve got the internet research isnt as hard as it was 20 years ago when i started collecting

yes i know about nashville, what about the memphis and bozeman plants which handle hollow/semi hollows and acoustics respectively? do they not count?

if gibson are selling 3 times as many guitars as they actually make they are hardly going to have any overstock to sell to other companies. i'm afraid currently what you're saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

do you know anything about production goals and quotas? if your taking orders from a client that you project will make an order of at least x based on previous orders.allot of times you have overstock that you must sell at a greatly reduced price in order to cover labor and materials. you make x amount of product and you sell y..you either end up with a demand or an overstock. you prefer a demand. the overseas companies. premake guitars based on what the project gibson will order and what they will order.
gibson can barley cover demand of custom order electrics with their current factory so they get allot from overseas. the factory anticipates the order and prebuilds the guitars. now if say gibson changes a design or discontinues a line you end up with thousands of guitars the factory must sell in order to make up cost..

i buy a few when the have overstocks.i prefer blanks because they dont have the inlays in the headstock yet i can get gibsons for 150 each put my own paint, hardware, and pickups on one for around 150-200 and sell them as copys for 700-900..i can get a finished giutar for 400 but i have to put a veneer on the headstock to cover the gibson logo and they dont look as good. i should find out in November if i getting any this year
Quote by jhaymon
wall of text

i'm further from convinced that you know what you're talking about now. gibson aren't specifically a "custom order" guitar company to begin with, and the only custom order guitars are the custom shop models which they hand-build on request and if they can't meet the demand people often just have to wait - they also have separate facilities for custom shop and production line models!

on top of that, when gibson discontinue a model, they just stop building them from scratch, and finish building the last ones - if it was a model exclusive to a particular shop these "leftovers" will also appear in other shops, like mine and my friend's gibson les paul vintage mahogany models - they were guitar center and musicians friend exclusive models that somehow turned up in our local independant UK retailer a year after they were discontinued. That doesn't add up with what you are saying. Nor does the fact they sell "old stock" models to shops.

If you think you are buying gibson overstock the chances are you are being scammed somewhere down the line or what you are actually buying is MIJ epiphone or orvilles - those "gibson" models on that website are obvious fakes if you look at the headstock - which you already said they didn't change.

anyway, this doesn't really have a lot to do with the thread, so i'm not gonna bother discussing it anymore. it's a waste of my time - enjoy your fake gibsons.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 13, 2009,
Blompcube is right on this point jhaymon.

Also you're saying you are getting Japanese Gibson overstocks? How come they exists, because Gibson has never made any Japanese Gibsons? (The part about using product from the Japanese factories was done by Fender, which did offer Japanese guitars). Also if we say they did, well then that would be such a long time ago that leftover parts wouldn't really exist (especially not in greater numbers). Orville and some Epis were made in Japan though, but then again the likeliness of there existing greater number of leftover parts from there is just extremly unlikely (especially since this isn't even talked about).

Last buying copies from China is a bad idea. China has no copyright laws and hnce they copy guitars, but those factories are low quality.

But hey if you liked being scammed for crap I can't blame you for having no sense of logic!

And to the threadstarter, well all of those are Chinese copies. I wouldn't really for them.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Seems ligit but WAY over-priced. I wouldn't purchase a guitar off there.

it's australia what do you expect
believe what you want. i personally dont care cause every gibson you buy puts money in my pocket
...How do you get money exactly?
it's all coming back

Quote by jhaymon
believe what you want. i personally dont care cause every gibson you buy puts money in my pocket

that's funny because yesterday you said this:
Quote by jhaymon
gibson moved their plant just so the could hire cheaper less experienced labor and charge twice as much for lower quality guitars.

now stop trolling and act your age... although, seeing as you call 34 years "old"... you're probably lying about that too. i'd expect someone that age who got money for every gibson sale would have something more than beginner gear too.

OMG if they had a chinese white V i would be buying it for sure. Haha HETFIELD, cept i think his was jap, IDK
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Page 1 of 2