So, I just bought a new set of strings. I have a problem, though. I clipped my D and G strings too short, and when I went to tune my bass the strings popped out of the tuning pegs and won't stay in now. Is there any solution, other than a new set of strings?
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Last edited by Mephysteaux at Jul 11, 2009,
This happened to me before, and as far as I know, there's nothing you can do, except buy a new string.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I wouldn't recomend this unless you're desperate but I had that problem once so I put the shorter strings on the closer pegs, this meant there were overlapping strings past the nut though.
I dont know how short you cropped em, but if you can get it in the peg, then pull the string down to the bottom of the peg, you might be able to, when tightening it, wrap the string around itself to hold it there. I did this with a guitar once, but on very thin strings, and I dont think it will work with thicker strings, but its worth a shot.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
that would ruin my day.. especially if they were like $40 elixirs or something. If the strings you got come in singles.. that would be the best choice obviously, but I don't know if all the big names do the singles or not.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Strings I bought weren't too bad, they were like $27. I just wound up getting another set, waited until the bass was tuned to crop the strings, and even then left an extra 1/4" just in case.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX