19 yr old thought he could beat the train; kills himself and 4 others

Page 1 of 3
http://news.aol.com/article/lives-lost-on-detroit-tracks/564797

She and the four young men with her in a car were killed Thursday when the driver — a 19-year-old with a suspended license — sped around a lowered railroad crossing gate and past the flashing warning lights in an attempt to beat a train. The car was broadsided.

Seriously, it should've been him who just died.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 11, 2009,
In soviet russia, train beats you...

I'm guessing this was soviet russia?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
And people wonder why insurance is higher for teenage boys than girls.
But Barry M. Sweedler, a former senior director of the National Transportation Safety Board, said younger drivers are more likely to do foolish things when other young people are in the car.
"The evidence is very clear: The more young passengers, the higher the risk," Sweedler said.

There's something fishy about this name...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Can you make it?

e-cookie for people who get the refrennce...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Just natural selection in progress there.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Lesson: Don't get into cars with idiots.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Bingt
i feel sorry for that train

he never did anyone wrong

Let's hold a vigil for that poor train.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

OMG!!!

Do you think it'll live?!!?!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by metaldud536
Seriously, it should've been him who just died.

Why?

I'm pretty sure the others will have known he had a suspended license and they will have known his personality.. etc (that he could do something like that/show off/whatever)

It was their choice to get in the car with him
Let's hope they supported Arsenal.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I wish he wasn't killed.

Instead I wish he was the only survivor, and spent the rest of his life as a gibbering mess in some god-awful prison, where he survives numerous suicide attempts, eventually dying old and alone.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Let's hope they supported Arsenal.

You bastard...

CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Let's hope they supported Benfica.

fixed...

EDIT: never mind i just realized that would be a bad thing... so yah, ignore my fix....
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Jul 11, 2009,
That is just plain arrogance. Trying to show off with crap like that is just plain dummmbbb.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by sam b
Why?

I'm pretty sure the others will have known he had a suspended license and they will have known his personality.. etc (that he could do something like that/show off/whatever)

It was their choice yeah but in a car, one person has control of the speed, the direction, everything. They couldnt slam on the brakes and stop the car. They took a big risk getting into the car with someone who had a suspended license. He took an even bigger risk by trying to beat a mother****ing train on its home turf. Know your enemy!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
fixed...

EDIT: never mind i just realized that would be a bad thing... so yah, ignore my fix....

How do you know about Benfica?!

Anyway, I had heard this on the news, but I think it wasn't mencioned that the driver tried to race the train and didn't have license. Stupid journalism.
Quote by sam b
Why?

This is true.

Either way its really upsetting, I can't imagine being the mother of any of those kids. It would be so heart breaking.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Whiskky
How do you know about Benfica?!

i'm portuguese/canadian dual citizenship ftw lol.
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Zolom
It was their choice yeah but in a car, one person has control of the speed, the direction, everything. They couldnt slam on the brakes and stop the car. They took a big risk getting into the car with someone who had a suspended license. He took an even bigger risk by trying to beat a mother****ing train on its home turf. Know your enemy!

Yeah, I'm not defending the driver. I'm just saying, saying something like 'only he deserved to die' is a bit harsh.

For all we know (this happens) the others couldve been encouraging it
i wouldn't call it natural selection on the part of the passengers in the car. it just sucks for them. its the 19-year-old's fault.
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
while its taking the piss, just watching this should scare anyone from ever trying to cross infront of a train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpD06P7kiI

and that's without the added momentum of numerous tons of carriages, just the locomotive.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by darkstar2466

You should feel sorry for the train driver rather than the train. People always forget about train drivers whenever someone gets fucked up by a train.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
it's tragic, but why would anyone ever be so stupid.
fair enough doing it by yourself, but taking other people with you is a disgrace
Page 1 of 3