Word up,

Right, Ive got an Engl screamer 50w combo that I love but I also have two Celestion G12H heritage speakers lying around from a Marshall combo I used to have. They're 30W 8ohms speakers. I'm thinking of putting them in a closed back 2x12 cabinet. So my amp has an 8ohn 60w speaker and the cabinet would be 60w 16ohm in series. If i plug the cabinet into the combo witht the combo speaker stil plugged in what will be the effect? Will the power of the amp be split between the two sources? Will something odd happen as theyre different ohmage (is that a word??)? I havent a clue in this area so please help?
it is my understanding that ohmage doesnt have to match exactly, but could damage your speakers over time. but i could be wrong.
1972 Fender Mustang
2000 Godin SD
Ampeg J20 Jet
Valveking 212
Barber Burn Unit
MXR Smart Gate
BYOC E.S.V. Fuzz
BYOC 10 Band EQ
The amp has a 16ohm output for external cabinets so that should be fine shouldnt it?
OK so what will the effect be on the sound, split the power between the two or double the power kind of?
Cheers man. The screamer is awesome, sounds great whatever the setting, very versatile, sounds good with all guitars. I tried loads of amps when I got it and it sounds better than everything else I tried AC30 etc.
Quote by Crispo77
Cheers man. The screamer is awesome, sounds great whatever the setting, very versatile, sounds good with all guitars. I tried loads of amps when I got it and it sounds better than everything else I tried AC30 etc.

What about the combo? I've tried the head but couldn't find a combo to try, are you getting the cab because the combo is open back? Both the combo and the head have their ups and downs and I really don't know which one to get.
The combo is great but I have 2 Celestion G12h heritage speakers that I fancy putting in a closd back 2x12 cab. Might also buy a screamer head so I can have an amp for gigs and one for home. Never played a closed back before though so not sure how it would sound.