better for what? metal id go schecter just about anything else id go gibson. but its depends. if u are trying to do a bunch of cool tricks and need a wammy bar then u gotta go schecter obviously.
Quote by lyonk55
no versus threads *reported*

lol...

I never liked Schecter, wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Comes down to what feels good in your hands and what suits your tastes, what sounds the best to you and what you intend to do with it. If you're getting a Gibson get a vintage model.
uhh, depends on which one you get, an 80's explorer for example, will crush a schecter damien, but a hellraiser might be better than a more recent gibson, due to the poor quality control
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I have an SG and a C-1. Both with TOM bridges, graphite nut and graphite saddles. The both play great. It's a matter of scale length. The scale on the Schecter is longer. After playing the Schecter, the Gibson feels a bit cramped.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
uhh, depends on which one you get, an 80's explorer for example, will crush a schecter damien, but a hellraiser might be better than a more recent gibson, due to the poor quality control

^This

It's not all of em but having purchased a new model Gibson within the last 6 months I'm tempted to never buy a new guitar from them again, only a vintage guitar. They need to start hiring people who give a damn about the product they're fashioning to the public. Still wouldn't touch a Schecter with a ten foot pole, of course that Hellraiser 8 has been appealing, I'd do ESP or Ibanez though.
Quote by JaGi
gibsons are double the price, this thread is kinda silly

One of the purposes of buying an instrument (besides the enjoyment of using) is to find something that's going to hold & possibly increase in value. It's an investment, I don't see a Schecter as a good investment.