Page 1 of 3
Just curious, what vegans feed their pets because I believe cats are carnivores, and dogs do need meat, so how do they feed their pets without malnourishment?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Human flesh.

Some actually make their own food for them. And I heard once of a woman who fed her cats only tofu and they died within a year.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
Human flesh.

Some actually make their own food for them. And I heard once of a woman who fed her cats only tofu and they died within a year.

I'm sorry but thats funny
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Semen. They feed their pets semen.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Meat if that's what they eat. animals are animals, they cant change their diet like a human
Quote by windmill0466
yep.

This isn't pointless, I was asking a question.

Quote by Matt-92
Meat if that's what they eat. animals are animals, they cant change their diet like a human

But I thought they were against products that come from animals?
I don't think they keep pets.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
most vegans don't keep pets because in itself it's as bad as eating/wearing meat.

i did know a vegan who kept chickens though. she fed them grain and would eat only eggs that they'd laid since she knew they were kept in good health and had a good life. she come over to dinner once and offered me any eggs i wanted to put in the meal if i needed them.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by windmill0466
yep.

Nah.

And actually, that's a pretty valid question.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I love vegans more than vegetarians. They are best served in a butter-garlic sauce.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Veganism is like religion: You get the fanatics who are offended when anyone mentions meat in a conversation, and the normal ones who just keep their practises to themselves. So it would probably be different according to each person. My sister is a vegetarian and she still feeds her dog meat, so...
🙈 🙉 🙊
Yeah dont they believe that animals should be allowed to run free and not be "enslaved"?
Jesus, we cant have any sort of slaves anymore. First it was dinosaurs, look what happened to them. Then it was the blacks. Then the chinese. Now its ****ing animals! **** OFF VEGANS!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Why would a vegan keep a pet? I'm pretty sure they don't eat meat because they LIKE animals, so why would they keep an animal in captivity?
Quote by doive
most vegans don't keep pets because in itself it's as bad as eating/wearing meat.

i did know a vegan who kept chickens though. she fed them grain and would eat only eggs that they'd laid since she knew they were kept in good health and had a good life. she come over to dinner once and offered me any eggs i wanted to put in the meal if i needed them.

Don't vegans not eat anything from animals........ that would make your vegan friend a vegetarian, because she eats animal products.
I have a friend with 2 guide dogs - one retired and they eat carrots, crunche things and oxo chicken cubes for tea. Just better for them.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by The Shroom420
Why would a vegan keep a pet? I'm pretty sure they don't eat meat because they LIKE animals, so why would they keep an animal in captivity?

Oh yeah, because pets totally live awful lives.
Quote by doive

was she hot?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Spamwise

My dogs have the toughest life ever. They wake up to my mom making them breakfast, get to sleep in their own bed, my mom even covers them up. I think my mom loves my dogs more than me
Quote by entity0009
Veganism is like religion: You get the fanatics who are offended when anyone mentions meat in a conversation, and the normal ones who just keep their practises to themselves. So it would probably be different according to each person. My sister is a vegetarian and she still feeds her dog meat, so...

^this. I'm a vegetarian and i feed my pets meat. Like that one guy said, they can't change their diet like i can.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
...you know, most kibble doesn't contain meat and is just a grain byproduct with plenty of nutrition.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by tayroar
My dogs have the toughest life ever. They wake up to my mom making them breakfast, get to sleep in their own bed, my mom even covers them up. I think my mom loves my dogs more than me

That last part is really sad, if you're being serious..
Vegans that do keep pets will often have their pets as vegetarians. Dogs, for example, can easily survive without meat.

EDIT:

Quote by Spamwise

Please, stop being so damn ignorant. Vegans believe that it is wrong to keep animals, regardless of whether or not they have good lives, because the pets are then not free, but owned by the person.

"Vegans" who keep chickens, for example, and eat only the eggs from those chickens because they know they've been kept well, are still not vegans by the literal meaning of the term.
Last edited by michal23 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by g_tab_man
^this. I'm a vegetarian and i feed my pets meat. Like that one guy said, they can't change their diet like i can.

Ah okay that makes sense. I was just wondering about it as I was watching my dogs chow down, and that confuses me that they don't think domesticated dogs or cats should be in captivity. Domesticated animals are fairly dependant on us aren't they? I mean I'm sure they could survive but wouldn't be a hell whole of a lot more difficult for them to considering they aren't as well equipped?

Quote by michal23
Vegans that do keep pets will often have their pets as vegetarians. Dogs, for example, can easily survive without meat.

I don't think a cat can though, and wouldn't dogs still need the products off of meat? I know dogs are omnivorous but I thought on the scale they generally lean more toward carnivore than herbivore.
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 11, 2009,
Well, er, logically i would think they buy dog/cat food for their pets.
Dont they?
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by tayroar
Ah okay that makes sense. I was just wondering about it as I was watching my dogs chow down, and that confuses me that they don't think domesticated dogs or cats should be in captivity. Domesticated animals are fairly dependant on us aren't they? I mean I'm sure they could survive but wouldn't be a hell whole of a lot more difficult for them to considering they aren't as well equipped?

I don't think a cat can though, and wouldn't dogs still need the products off of meat? I know dogs are omnivorous but I thought on the scale they generally lean more toward carnivore than herbivore.

Dogs tend to lean towards carnivores, as do humans, but both can easily survive without meat. As far as I know (about dogs, of course) anyway. If a cat can't survive without meat, then I doubt that a vegan will have a cat as a pet very much.
Quote by entity0009

vegans are the fanatics of the vegetarian world. There's a difference between them.
Quote by Jacek.W
Well, er, logically i would think they buy dog/cat food for their pets.
Dont they?

Well dog/cat food is made from meat product so that's why I was wondering.

Quote by michal23
Dogs tend to lean towards carnivores, as do humans, but both can easily survive without meat. As far as I know (about dogs, of course) anyway. If a cat can't survive without meat, then I doubt that a vegan will have a cat as a pet very much.

Yeah, I guess that does make sense. I can also see the point of them not having pets. The whole notion of not letting them run free seems like naive to me almost though. I mean in theory it sounds great but if I had the choice of a stable life with people and a constant struggle to survive I'd definitely choose the stability.
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Echoplex
vegans are the fanatics of the vegetarian world. There's a difference between them.

Oh the wonders of generalisation, eh?

As with every tradition/belief/religion/practice/cult, there are those who have no problem with others having different views, and there are those who are idiots.
Vegans should be held captive as pets. And be forcefed meat. Yeah!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Cats are obligate carnivores (ie they have to eat meat)... as they can't synthesise taurine, vitamin a, or arachadonic acid from other products.
Dogs can survive without meat, but its probably better for them to have meat. We've got a dog that comes in whose owner is a mentalist, and feeds him brocoli and stuff. He came with with acute pancreatitis the other week, surprise surprise.

just to clarify...!
Quote by michal23
Oh the wonders of generalisation, eh?

As with every tradition/belief/religion/practice/cult, there are those who have no problem with others having different views, and there are those who are idiots.

I didn't say I had a problem with it, I was only stating the vegans live more extreme lifestyles than vegetarians. Perhaps you are the idiot.
Page 1 of 3