Page 1 of 2
lets say you and your bandmates have a country band going on, and youre doing ok, you know the typical not hugely famous but not totally unkown.

so you use abit of that money made plus your own money to take your same country band and make another band that play let's say, metal, or death-metal of the sort. but you take on different names, so people dont know youre the same people as the country band, you put those names on your albums. So instead of joe ringwald, steve creffer, josh heller (or idk how many people would be in it, btw im just making up names), you would put on you metal album, lets say: skullcruncher joe, lord brainbasher and count christraper.

so no one know youre the same guys, you change your names on the albums to fictitious stage names, you wear corpsepaint and whatnot to conceal your faces abit and no one knows who you are, except for maybe the record companies or some managers who write the checks that go to you, and they dont say anything, because you they make enough money and there are various ways to make sure they dont spill the beans.

so lets say you follow the same principle but you have like 6 different bands, and youve made sure to cover all your cracks and sealed your flaws.

would that work? also, legally would that be allowed, that wouldnt be somekind of fraud would it? i mean its all the same guys, but they all play together in different bands, but no one knows it except for them, right?

...oh yeah, and you'd make sure that your tour dates wouldnt coincide....
And ill just throw this out there...why havent we had sex yet?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
because using your real names doesn't work?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
You've got to much time on your hands.

/thread.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

I guess, although you'd be monumentally lucky to have 6 seperate successful bands.

EDIT: And people knowing your real names and other bands would draw attention to you and possibly get you a few fans. I mean the country fans would probably not want to listen to death metal, but having the same mambers as a country band is sort of a novelty that would make people more interested to hear you.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 11, 2009,
6 different bands would need a lot of work, but it's possible.

Green Day did it. They made records under the names "Foxboro Hot Tubs" and I think also "The Network", and sounded quite different to Green Day.
I would think that would be legal. It would be hard not to let 6 different bands tour dates coincide but ya.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
because using your real names doesn't work?

ya but then everyone hates you because they're all fans and prly wont accept the fact that your band likes to play other music.
Quote by Zolom

ill have sex w/ you...
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by metalblaster
ya but then everyone hates you because they're all fans and prly wont accept the fact that your band likes to play other music.

are you like 12 or or something?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Quote by sashki
6 different bands would need a lot of work, but it's possible.

Green Day did it. They made records under the names "Foxboro Hot Tubs" and I think also "The Network", and sounded quite different to Green Day.

but people knew they were doing it right? so im sure they didnt get as much of a fan base for the 2 same but different bands they made, and im sure they lost some green day fans.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
Foxboro Hot Tubs

The Network too.

Quote by metalblaster
but people knew they were doing it right? so im sure they didnt get as much of a fan base for the 2 same but different bands they made, and im sure they lost some green day fans.

Not at first, people didn't now. I really liked Foxboro Hot Tubs, not so much The Network.

I know people who went off them completely because of the FBHT thing they did.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by metalblaster

is it really that hard to type out "probably"?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
are you like 12 or or something?

you know what i mean, you wouldnt get as much fans because they would be aware that your band is also a bunch of other bands that play other totally different music and i mean, you look at metal there are alot of close-minded fans in that genre, they hear that your band is also a country band, they say **** them theyre ******s, i aint buying thei **** anymore i hate them.
Quote by metalblaster
So instead of joe ringwald, steve creffer, josh heller (or idk how many people would be in it, btw im just making up names), you would put on you metal album, lets say: skullcruncher joe, lord brainbasher and count christraper.

I'm sigging this
But I don't know. It sounds kickass. It's Hannah Montana but actually cool.
Plus, country to death metal? Eclectic tastes much?
Quote by AlecMag
is it really that hard to type out "probably"?

im just really impatient at typing because i dont type as fast as a secretary lol
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
ill have sex w/ you...

Oh no no. You wont have sex with me. You shall be...had...sex with...by me? Yay?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I think being a bucnh of other bands would just draw attention and publicity towards them. The people who wouldn't have bothered checking the death metal band out had they not known they were also some country band would vastly outnumber the people too immature to deal with their favourite band liking another genre.

And it's easy to say that metal fans are closed minded and couldn't accept it, but I really doubt there's many people who would actually think that way, and think it's reasonable.
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by whalepudding
I think being a bucnh of other bands would just draw attention and publicity towards them. The people who wouldn't have bothered checking the death metal band out had they not known they were also some country band would vastly outnumber the people too immature to deal with their favourite band liking another genre.

EXACTLY
Quote by metalblaster

Yeah. Most people are (unfortunately) musically close minded.
Sgt. Pepper's, anyone?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by whalepudding
What? I just disagreed with you.

lol idk, im saying that what you said is to be predicted. so what you said makes sense.

idk...... i am confuse!! lol
Quote by metalblaster
lol idk, im saying that what you said is to be predicted. so what you said makes sense.

idk...... i am confuse!! lol

I'm saying there might be a few people thinking "aah they're that country band, I can't like them", but there would be more people who wouldn't normally have bothered checking them out if they hadn't thought "hey, they're the same guys as that country band, it should be interesting to see what their take on death metal is".
Quote by whalepudding
I'm saying there might be a few people thinking "aah they're that country band, I can't like them", but there would be more people who wouldn't normally have bothered checking them out if they hadn't thought "hey, they're the same guys as that country band, it should be interesting to see what their take on death metal is".

good point indeed.
Quote by whalepudding

i think there would be more people who wouldnt like the idea of a band taking on different musical identities, maybe im just thinking of it as a worst-case scenario thing. idk, from what i hear and see, people these days can be pretty close-minded.

but then again, thats why you CYA and make sure no one knows the fact that you are the same group of people playing as different bands who play different music.
dont have 6 bands, problem solved.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
dont have 6 bands, problem solved.

If only this worked all the time!

"What year did WWII end?" "Don't have a war."

"What's 2x3?" "Don't multiply. Problem solved."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Sgt. Pepper's, anyone?

Ringo turned out to be Billy. Who'd have thought it?
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

abetter question is; if somebody, doesn't like you because your in another band, which you probably wont relate to your other one, do you really want them to be your fans?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Garth Brooks did it and everyone thought he lost his mind.

Quote by Mr.Cuddles
abetter question is; if somebody, doesn't like you because your in another band, which you probably wont relate to your other one, do you really want them to be your fans?

Yes because fans aren't like friends. Fans make you your living and you want as many as you can get. I personally think the whole franchising idea wouldn't be profitable because of all the different payments you have to make. You probably wouldn't reach your over head with 6 different sets you have to pay for.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Zolom

Cleverbot: Because I don't have the money.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Page 1 of 2