Hi, I have been playing acoustic guitar for a while now and I am interested in starting to play electric, I was wondering what is the best electric guitar to start to learn electric on?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Budget?
Genre?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
i would get an esp ltd (just not a 50 series one, ie. M50, F50, etc.). They are great guitars even for intermediate players, sound pretty good even for stock pickups, feel solid, stay in tune great. you cant go wrong with an esp.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
starter pack possibly until you upgrade piece by piece over time..

or get a midrange guitar for like 400 bucks and a decent amplifier...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
If you want a non-expensive one with great playability, I'd get an Indiana IS-200, it's my first (and only) electric, thing hasn't failed me yet.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Price range - anything under £250
and Genre - Rock
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Ibanez RG321

Is that for just the guitar, or is that how much you can spend overall (guitar and amp)?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by TomG10-7
Price range - anything under £250
and Genre - Rock

i would look at a vintage les paul or sg with a roland cube amp
Quote by britishsligean

Yep
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by britishsligean

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by TomG10-7
Guitar and Amp...

Well then try the Ibanez RG321 and the Roland Cube

but it ultimately comes down to what feels and sounds the best to you. go to your local guitar shop and try some stuff out.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by JKMV11
Well then try the Ibanez RG321 and the Roland Cube

but it ultimately comes down to what feels and sounds the best to you. go to your local guitar shop and try some stuff out.

The Cube is a must, it's a fantastic amp for beginners. Guitars, these are all good suggestions for the price range, but I'd personally try out a whole bunch of them and see what strikes me as best.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
don't go balls to the walls and buy a crazy nice guitar. i bought a jackson dinky dkmg when i was first starting out thinking i was going to play mostly metal but now i've realized that metal isn't my thing and i prefer more bluesy rock. i suggest a cheap used mexi-strat with a roland cube or fender g-dec (g-dec has lots options/effects and can record things but doesn't have as nice tone).
Just stay away from Line 6 Spiders and Marshall MG's. I can speak from experience with the Spider; i have one and it was good at first, but now i hate it with a passion. I realized too late there where a lot of better amps out there for the same price. O well, i have a Randall RM80 now, so i am redeemed.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Yamaha Pacifica 112
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
amp = orange crush 15R
guitar = used MIM strat.

if you dont have enough money, save up and do that. I honestly think you wont find a cheaper starter pack that sounds as good. and you can always change what you dont like about the strat. necks, bodies, pickups, tuners, (block or plate or heavy spring) the trem to make it more like a hardtail. you wont really know what you hate about it till a year from now. also, playing lots of guitars helps to figure out what feels right and sounds good. you may not know what your missing till you play your friends guitar with a jealous look on your face.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
You should try an Agile AL-3000 with a Roland Cube 15X.

yes agile's are nice but there's no way they'll be able to get one since they're in britain not america
Quote by fullsailstudent
amp = orange crush 15R
guitar = used MIM strat.

if you dont have enough money, save up and do that. I honestly think you wont find a cheaper starter pack that sounds as good. and you can always change what you dont like about the strat. necks, bodies, pickups, tuners, (block or plate or heavy spring) the trem to make it more like a hardtail. you wont really know what you hate about it till a year from now. also, playing lots of guitars helps to figure out what feels right and sounds good. you may not know what your missing till you play your friends guitar with a jealous look on your face.

+1
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by fullsailstudent
amp = orange crush 15R
guitar = used MIM strat.

Ew amp
27mMoV31II7.a2
Don't get a starter pack. Most guitar companies that make decent guitars make bad amps, and vice versa.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt