I'm looking around for a new guitar and was wondering if I give you guys some of the things I'm looking for, you can throw me some names or thoughts on what kind of guitar I should get.

I need a guitar that:

1. Has very sharp and full sound on a treble setting with distortion (something good for metal, core, etc)

2. Has very deep creamy clean notes on the neck pickup (good for a smooth, bassy, jazz sound)

3. Has pickups that maintain clarity during fast passages (Optional, because they can always be replaced, but preferable)

4. Has a tremolo bar and locking nuts (Totally optional)

5. A comfortable, fast neck

6. 400 to 800 $, give or take 1 or 2 hundred. DEFINITELY not over 1000$, very preferably less than 800$, but I'll take suggestions.

Name some guitars and list which of the features it has by putting the number next to it, like 5. (for the fast neck).

I'm currently playing on an Epiphone SG but find that it's lacking some of these features. Although something with a similar feel would be nice, because that's something about it that I am pretty satisfied with, but I'm open to reccomendations.

Anyone that's bored and wants to help out, please do so...

Thanks
do what i did, get a used ibanez prestige model for around 500-600 bucks, then swap out all the hardware and electronics. My ibanez cost me about 750 total.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Awesome, Hellraiser looks sweet and you're right, it does fall right into what I'm looking for... Thanks, But keep 'em coming!

SPBY, thanks but I'm not crazy about buying a used guitar, just a mental thing. I'll keep it in mind though.
Quote by JShevloff
Awesome, Hellraiser looks sweet and you're right, it does fall right into what I'm looking for... Thanks, But keep 'em coming!

SPBY, thanks but I'm not crazy about buying a used guitar, just a mental thing. I'll keep it in mind though.

you have to check the guitar out before you buy, the only reason the guy sold me his 1000 dollar guitar for 500 was because it wouldn't stay in tune for crap, always lost it's tuning. all i had to do was rub some chapstick on the nut and it stays in tune perfectly. It has no problems, everything works fine, no dents or scratches.

Just search hard enough and you'll find a good deal.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Or he could buy a hellraiser with an FR. Keeps you in tune with vibrato... and you can do crazy metal divebomb screams =D
You pretty much described a Jackson RR3.

The Rhoads is specifically designed to have a bring out the treble in the guitar because there's less wood on the higher strings's side. Jackson necks are the slimmest necks right next to Ibanez and their liscensed tremelos are one of the best out there.