The neck pickup is sort of depressed towards the 6th string, and the bridge pickup is depressed (though to a lesser extent) towards the 1st string. Is this normal? If not, can it be fixed? Or will I need to change the pickup? It sounds ok, just the neck pickup is not as loud as the bridge one and doesn't distort so heavily. And if itis normal, why?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 11, 2009,
You see those two little screws that are next to the pickup on the pickup mounting ring (not the 4 screws that hold the mount on)? You can use them to make the pickup go up and down if you get me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You see those two little screws that are next to the pickup on the pickup mounting ring (not the 4 screws that hold the mount on)? You can use them to make the pickup go up and down if you get me.

Thanks....then I'll just take it to the shop and get the to fix it.
Okay, from what I see, you might need to adjust the Neck position one, if you use it often.

It looks like it could mess with your sustain on notes on the lower pitches.

You could simply adjust it yourself with the screws or you could take it to someone to fix it if you're worried you might break something.
Quote by Gh057
Okay, from what I see, you might need to adjust the Neck position one, if you use it often.

It looks like it could mess with your sustain on notes on the lower pitches.

You could simply adjust it yourself with the screws or you could take it to someone to fix it if you're worried you might break something.

Thanks a lot....I didnt even know pups were adjustable....will get it fixed on Monday....
BTW is the bridge pups higher output because its closer to the strings? Can I get a similar volume if I raise the height of the bridge pup?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Thanks....then I'll just take it to the shop and get the to fix it.

You don't have to take it to the shop to do this, all you need is a screwdriver. Just turn it clockwise I think (carefully mind, you don't want to strip the screw), and it should come up.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You don't have to take it to the shop to do this, all you need is a screwdriver. Just turn it clockwise I think (carefully mind, you don't want to strip the screw), and it should come up.

dont wanna risk it...
Quote by GS LEAD 5
dont wanna risk it...

Risk what? There really is nothing to risk. If you strip a screw, go to a hardware store and buy a replacement simple as that. Adjusting pickups is not hard.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
dont wanna risk it...

wtf? you're not gonna mess anything up! have you ever used a screwdriver in your life? that answer is most likely yes. so you have nothing to worry about!

EDIT: i do suggest using a small head phillips screwdriver. I use that screwdriver from those Tech Deck skateboards. they fit perfectly for those screws. normal ones will work too though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
dont wanna risk it...

Risk what, all you do is turn a screw until your pick up is at the proper height.
Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
No, neck pups are higher output, because of the tonal frequencies in the area.

That's why they're lower down.