hey i was wondering which was a better buy.

A Laney GH50L or a Peavey 5150

i already have a marshall 1960s cab. i play mostly metal and trash.

my questions is should i buy the laney or save up more money to get the 5150? which one sounds better in your opinion?
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I have heard the 5150 through a 1960A quite a few times and its super badass! Mostly metal bands, the distortion is sooo thick and burning. Go for the 5150 for sure!
Quote by fretburner28
I have heard the 5150 through a 1960A quite a few times and its super badass! Mostly metal bands, the distortion is sooo thick and burning. Go for the 5150 for sure!

im leaning more towards the 5150 but i heard some pretty sick clips of the laney on youtube. i know that its not a good way to compare amp tones but they got me interested.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Peavey
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
I like the laney. smoother and clearer than the peavy imo. The peavy is the br00talz though. Old paul gilbert tone was a laney gh
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
The Laney is a less compressed and is not as saturated. That is the main difference, in my eyes. It's also a little more fizzy and 'light', so it won't have as much grunt as the Peavey, but overall, I believe it to have the better tone.
The 5150 is too distorted, to the point where it becomes unataural. It's overt bass and compression becomes almost sterile after a while, unless you play it at ear-damaging volumes.
The Laney is more responsive to your pick-attack and to various styles - as Michal mentioned, it has far superior clean sounds.
That said, if you were gigging and playing Death Metal, the 5150 is an apt choice, more so than the Laney, as it is tighter.
i went ahead and got a 5150 and ive gotta say im pretty freaking satisfied with it. i only paid $500 for it and so far i feel its the best purchase ive made in a long time. my guitar playing happens to like the laney so i can do a side by side comparison
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
I would go for the Laney the peavey is way too bassy and noisy the leads sound like thier muffled on the peavey. The Laney sounds more like a better marshall. Or a Marshall with more gain that is. But you should play them both for at least and hour each. Personally I played a B-52 ATX today that kicked ass I mean that amp rocks!!! It sounds better than a laney I think but sound is subjective to a human beings ears.
Quote by MetalHead916
Cool. So what made you pick the 5150 over the Laney?

something just clicked in my head that made me go for the 5150 hah
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150