So I played my guitar today and the neck feels sticky. What should I use to clean the neck of my guitar that will make it feel smooth again? It's just a clear finish over the wood if that makes a difference. Also, i'm stuck at home today, so going to the guitar store isn't really an option. I'm a terrible noob at guitar maintenance...
PM me for newts
Before anyone else says it, I will... don't jerk off on your guitar... and I had that problem too, is it a dry sticky (like hair gel) or a wet sticky (like jizz)...
wet: get a cloth and scrub the neck, I had this problem too...
dry: find something liquid for polishing wood (something that won't damage the neck so you can turn dry sticky into wet sticky) and do the dry sticky thing...
cheers
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Thanks. I used a grime removing spray gel and i cleaned the neck and then wiped it off with a clean rag. it's buttery smooth again
PM me for newts
welcome
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.