Hi all!I recently got a new guitar and I have an old unplayable epi that is ten years old.The body is great but the neck has a twist I am considering replacing the neck and was wondering how difficult it would be to do it.I was gonna ask my local luthier but I'd reckon it would cost alot.I don't know wether to just flog it for parts or have a go at it myself.
but if its a set neck your pretty much screwed, it would take alot of work to remove the neck
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
but if its a set neck your pretty much screwed, it would take alot of work to remove the neck

He's not 'screwed'.

You might have trouble finding a replacement neck for it, but I think it's definitely do-able. Yes it's a lot of work, but there is plenty of information about replacing set necks. You'll have to steam the neck off then glue on the replacement.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
No,it's a glue in neck. Because its just an epi I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg on it.I'll get it priced for repair and if it's gonna be too much I'll probably just flog it for parts.thanks anyways yall.
it will be expensive to have fixed because it is a very time consuming thing to do
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by nowa90
if its a bolt on, like so http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/c/c1/20090206195111!Bolt_on_neck.jpg
you take off the strings, unscrew the bolts, take the neck off.
put new neck on, bolt it on, screw your tuners on, then string it up.

there are tuts if you need

he would need to check if the new neck fits and if it's the right scale. 24.75" bolt on necks aren't that common, he'll need to go used. And epis have very weird neck pockets, according to some guys I know

but it's a set neck, so this is irrelevant :/
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI