Hey GG&A!

Im in the market for a new speaker to drop into my valveking, the trouble is im completely new to replacement speakers.

So, i was wondering if you could throw me a few suggestions of speakers.

I play a lot of thrash metal, Anthrax, Megadeth, Kreator, Lamb of God, Chidren of Bodom, The darkness. (I realise that the last few arent exactly thrash). i'd say Thrash my main genre, i also play soe hard rock. Im looking for a speaker that wont make much of a volume difference and one which will give an improvement at all ends of my tone.

I have looked through the valveking threads, but not found a lot of it helpful.

Just as a reference 50 watts (rms) into 16 ohms and its the valveking 112 combo.

Thanks!

Edit: Budget is £100 can go a little higher
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Jul 11, 2009,
A Warehouse Veteran 30 (Vintage 30 clone) will be cheap, sound pretty much the same, have 60W RMS handling at 16 ohms and be perfect for your musical style.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
A Warehouse Veteran 30 (Vintage 30 clone) will be cheap, sound pretty much the same, have 60W RMS handling at 16 ohms and be perfect for your musical style.

This, I wouldn't drop anymore money into a VK than I had too. Plus, most people like a V30 in the VK, so really it seems like the obvious choice.

Most people like an EQ with the VK aswell, but I bet a few tweaks to the tone stack would make an external EQ unnecessary.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jul 11, 2009,
Well the warehouse speakers are around £40 but i have to pay £30 on top for shipping because they are not available here in the UK. So i may as well pop to the shop and get a £69 celestion v30.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Jul 11, 2009,
Eminence Man O War is a good option.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
On top of my suggestion for the Eminence Man O War, let me throw in another...

You may not be able to find it, but the Eminence Legend V12 (I think it's the Lynch speaker?)... there is a 16-ohm version of it that was discontinued a few years back.

It is BY FAR the best sounding speaker in the VK, in my opinion.
Eminence probably isn't as good an option as the Celestions, being as he's apparently in the UK (cheaper genuine Celestions).
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I replaced my speaker with a Celestion Vintage 30, as well as threw an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop, and I still wouldnt be able to achieve a lot of the tones you are looking for. I think you will either need a good distortion pedal or tube screamer in addition to the speaker replacement. The guys in the official Valveking thread will be able to help you more. Overall though, my .02 is to save for a better amp for that style of music instead of the exhausting tweaking it can take to achieve it on a VK.