I really love the tremolo effect, but I'm really not into spending a lot of money this summer (I'm going to the US, as I do every summer, and my priority is the Boss TU-2). So my question is of the Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo pedal is worth buying? I've read reviews about it breaking quickly because of it being made of plastic or something, and that it has a slight volume decrease. But it is very cheap, and I have also heard good things about it.

I'll try it, of course, in about a month, but I wanted to check if anybody here had some experiences to share?
I can hear the tone sucking already. Don't get anything you absolutely don't need. Everything that is in your chain negatively effects your sound, unless you have a loopswitcher.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

You get what you pay for.

Danelectro = Cheap = Below Par
thus
Sound = Below Par
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

thus
Sound = Below Par

Not necessarily, have you tried any of their cool cat pedals?

That being said, I've never tried this one personally so you'll probably wanna test it before dropping the money. If you want a cheap trem I could sell you the EA trem I built. It sounds pretty good, I just don't ever use it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

thus
Sound = Below Par

totally untrue, i would take daneelctro over boss anyday

dano make great cheap stuff, spend an extra few bucks and get there cool cat tremolo, it blows that boss out of the water and is true bypass unlike the boss, cheaper too
Id save for at least a cool cat danelectro, most of their food themed & fab pedals are garbage
but it's better to wait for the money for a good one than get a cheap one and have to wait that much longer for what you really want
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
danelectro stuff does suck your tone, only a little. it's worth it if you're gonna use it though, just always be careful not to step on those pedals too hard they break