Brought my new Fender Classic Player 50's strat home earlier today.

The gold doesn't really show up in the pictures or low light very well unfortunately but it's purdy. Plays very well but I need to give it a set up to my own preferences.

I need suggestions on a strap that goes with gold, haven't got a clue. Got one complaint, not sure if it's to do with the setup or not but the vibrato arm comes out at a weird angle and it's very very sensitive. Will this be fixed somewhat when I set it up?
a white strap?

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Nice one, I've got the sunburst version, really nice guitars they are. Congrats duude
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Fuck, that's one nice guitar!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Black leather, white leather, tan leather even.

HNGD! Love me some shoreline gold!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'll be back soon, maybe try to get some pics of the trem angle. The bridge isn't exactly flush with the body so I'll not worry too much about it until I give it a set up. If it persists I'll ring the shop when after the twelth, silly public holiday.
I had the same problem. check it out make sure the trem isn't totally worn out by the studs. then check everything else, springs setup weird, claw angle, bridge mounting to the block properly. if the wammy bar hole in the bridge doesnt line up with the block there will be an issue.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
I though Les Pauls were the only guitar that looked good in gold!
HNGD

Nahh, I think Les Pauls look ugly in gold.

Happy NGD! Thats a pretty guitar.
I'm FAT!
depends on what color gold you like. LP's look great in gold IMO. especially a 59 reissue all beat up. is it a $50,000 LP or a $3000 no one knows!
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by Gh057
just loosen the trem bar up, you can tighten it to your preferences.

Na it's not that, I tightened it as much as I reasonably could but it's the angle, seems to sit out a lot more from the pickguard. Gonna tighten the springs in the back and set the bridge up now see if that fixes it.

Quote by Rhoads_1096
I though Les Pauls were the only guitar that looked good in gold!

Still lusting after a gold top with P90s. Don't think I could have 2 gold guitars though, not usually a fan of gold

White leather is sounding good at the minute. Might as well make it as classy (or should that read over the top?) as possible.

Quote by Natrone
Classy...over the top....

Same dif brah

Indeed
Last edited by aaronni at Jul 11, 2009,
Classy...over the top....

Same dif brah
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
That's beautiful, HNGD!

I think if you got a black strap it'd look fine. Black kind of goes with anything.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
That thing is beautiful! HNGD!

Oh yeah, I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Pop off the trem cover and let me know how many springs you have. I'm guessing you should have 2-3. You have two options, you can tighten the screws under the cover that go into the wood, or you can just add another spring. Springs will run ya maybe $2 each if you go to a local guitar shop. That's really all you'll have to do I guess. This will lower the bridge so that is it flush with the body, and make it so the trem isn't as sensitive. It might take a while to get used to, but having a few extra springs really improved the trem sensitivity on my old guitar. You'll have to work it a little harder to get a dive bomb, but you won't need to worry about accidentally going too far or anything.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Last edited by Shiromar at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Shiromar
That thing is beautiful! HNGD!

Oh yeah, I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Pop off the trem cover and let me know how many springs you have. I'm guessing you should have 2-3. You have two options, you can tighten the screws under the cover that go into the wood, or you can just add another spring. Springs will run ya maybe $2 each if you go to a local guitar shop. That's really all you'll have to do I guess. This will lower the bridge so that is it flush with the body, and make it so the trem isn't as sensitive. It might take a while to get used to, but having a few extra springs really improved the trem sensitivity on my old guitar. You'll have to work it a little harder to get a dive bomb, but you won't need to worry about accidentally going too far or anything.

I should really clear this up, I've had strats before and I think its the angle of the arm. The bridge is pretty much flush against the body now but the bar is at an unusual angle, at least compared to other strats I've played/owned.

Can someone who owns one of these tell me if the arm angle is different to other strats? It didn't have the arm on it in the shop so never knew about this. After comparing the arm to another one I have around it's actually angled different so it comes away from the body. It could be that I got the wrong trem or these come with arms that angle. Either way it's something I might want to change in the future, provided I can find one that fits.

Thanks for all the help though, I'll add another spring or 2 to it at some point, I like playing with .11s so the extra spring should be needed.
Quote by stinger12345
"Player" 50s Strat...what does that mean? I've never figured it out

Well there's two MIM classic lines, the classic and the classic player. The classic is more accurate to vintage specs; radius, tuners and 6 point bridge. Whereas the classic player has more updated features; flatter radius, tuners and the 2 point bridge. The way I see it is the classic player is more aimed at the player without worrying so much about being an accurate reissue of a 50s strat.

Thanks for all the comments, haven't put it down all night.
Quote by aaronni
I should really clear this up, I've had strats before and I think its the angle of the arm. The bridge is pretty much flush against the body now but the bar is at an unusual angle, at least compared to other strats I've played/owned.

Can someone who owns one of these tell me if the arm angle is different to other strats? It didn't have the arm on it in the shop so never knew about this. After comparing the arm to another one I have around it's actually angled different so it comes away from the body. It could be that I got the wrong trem or these come with arms that angle. Either way it's something I might want to change in the future, provided I can find one that fits.

Thanks for all the help though, I'll add another spring or 2 to it at some point, I like playing with .11s so the extra spring should be needed.

I have an american strat (same bridge) and the reason the trem arm is bent up is because the 2 point bridge is made to be a floating bridge. You can still have it flush with the body with no problems but the trem arm is designed so that if the bridge is floating the arm wont be too low. You could buy a new arm, or do what I did.... just take an old trem arm that I had lying around and beating it with a hammer on my tool bench until it was at the angle I wanted lol
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo