I'm starting GCSE music next year, and I was just wondering what pieces other people did. At my school (and I presume everyone else's...) we learn a song by a band, and then write a song similar to it as part of the course.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Nor am I. I just took music because there were few things I really wanted to take, and I like playing guitar.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
A little lesson: None of us here are actually talented musically.

^ hey, I got an A* in GCSE music and an A at A level! (although they are remarkably easy exams )

anyway, my GCSE music exam was very different from yours. I had to compose 2 pieces of music - one of which fitted into one of our areas of study (music for celebration, musical traditions in Ireland and Jazz). The second composition was a 'free' composition. We had to perform for around 6mins. I (think) I played Chet Atkins' arrangement of Vincent on the guitar and a Vivaldi allegro on violin. The third piece was an ensemble piece which I did on violin as well... but I can't remember what it was.

It's a very easy, fun GCSE. It doesn't matter if you don't know much theory - you pick it up along the way.

But, this is probably best posted in the pit rather than the alt/indie forum.
Sorry if it's the wrong place. I guess I posted here so I would hear more alt. songs than brootalz metal songs. Move it if needs be please.
CuSO4

for my hsc i'm playing:

ocean - john butler
canon - trace bundy
since we met - tommy emmanuel

all instrumentals. i'm not confident with singing.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
A little lesson: None of us here are actually talented musically.

actually true in my case.