Hello! Whenever I choose to use my tremolo bar in my Fender 60's Classic Stratocaster, my guitar seems to go out of tune. I never had this problem before changing from .9 D'addarios to .10 Ernie Ball strings. Also, I can't do as deep divebombs as before. Is there any way to fix these problems?
Have you set your guitar up properly for the change?

It may also be because of the fact you've got heavier strings on. I know the guitar came with 10s, so could you do the same as the 9s without it going out of tune?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
well, its a vintage trem. its not supposed to do deep dive bombs. its just supposed to do slight vibrato. and its probaly from going up in gauge. you need to readjust the springs in the trem cavity until the trem is level with the body.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well, fender's aren't usually meant for big vibrato abuse because they don't have locking nuts, its more for just a little vibration, not divebombs, unless you get a locking nut.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by randomhero93
well, its a vintage trem. its not supposed to do deep dive bombs. its just supposed to do slight vibrato. and its probaly from going up in gauge. you need to readjust the springs in the trem cavity until the trem is level with the body.

It has to be right parallel to it? It's like in a 10 degree angle right now.
Quote by Flibo
It has to be right parallel to it? It's like in a 10 degree angle right now.

needs to be as level as possible.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
needs to be as level as possible.

I'll check it out, thanks.
My friend is having the same problem with his strat, he said it might be a good idea to get locking tuners after he sets the guitar up.

It seems like a good idea but i dunno XD i don't have a strat
I got it fixed. I'm one E-string poorer now, but now it's 100% level to the body Thanks again. Now I just have to hope it keeps in tune :=)
Did you stretch your strings?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com