Well, first a quick question. If you buy a Little Giant, does it automatically come with the 1x12 cabinet?

If so, then would it be more worth it to get the Little Giant, or get the Handsome Devil and then get a cab for it? Considering the Little Giant and Handsome Devil are the same price.

I'm concerned about volume with the Little Giant compared to the Handsome Devil... Is there that much of a difference between 5 watts hooked up with a cabinet then 15 watts hooked up with the same cabinet as the 5 watter?
the Little Giant is F'n LOUD!

i would go for the Handsome Devil, the gain knob is very handy
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
1.Well, first a quick question. If you buy a Little Giant, does it automatically come with the 1x12 cabinet?

2.If so, then would it be more worth it to get the Little Giant, or get the Handsome Devil and then get a cab for it? Considering the Little Giant and Handsome Devil are the same price.

3.I'm concerned about volume with the Little Giant compared to the Handsome Devil... Is there that much of a difference between 5 watts hooked up with a cabinet then 15 watts hooked up with the same cabinet as the 5 watter?

1. Depends where you get it, but probably not.

2. I'd get the handsome devil since I've only heard one good class a 5 watt amp and it cost 1500 dollars

3. Not a huge difference, although the HD will have a lot more headroom than the LG.

Edit: ^that too
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

I'm not really worried about distoriton from the amp, considering I have an overdrive pedal, and once I get the amp, I'm gonna get a Big Muff

So the price on musiciansfriend is 349.99 USD... Is this the standard price in most guitar stores?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

This

But it'll cost you more to get the HD stack. The LG comes in stack form for $350, so to answer your question, yes. When you buy a LG stack, it comes with a cab. But ONLY if you get the stack. The HD is $350 for the head.

By the way, unless you plan on closing the back of a combo, stack is the way to go. The Blackheart speaker is designed for closed-back.

As for the price, I've never seen one in a store, so I can't speak for in-store price. Typically MF has the same price or a lower price than an in-store purchase.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by Natrone
By the way, unless you plan on closing the back of a combo, stack is the way to go. The Blackheart speaker is designed for closed-back.

Thats a really bad idea for a tube amp.
I kinda figured it was
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I kinda figured it was

Yeah, there are a few closed back tube combos, but the head is separated from the speaker so it can have openings for heat dissipation.

Most open back tube combos have the chassis right there with the speaker to save space.
know this is a stupid idea but blackheart have an amp called little ant, it just has a volume control and i think it's cheaper, since you're not fussed by distortion on it, you could check it out..........
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
The big difference between that and the others is that you have your EQ right there on the amp for the LG on up. With the KA, if you want to EQ, you'll have to buy a pedal.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by padgea7x
know this is a stupid idea but blackheart have an amp called little ant, it just has a volume control and i think it's cheaper, since you're not fussed by distortion on it, you could check it out..........

isn't that the 1 watter?

i'm too self-conscious to be caught dead with that

although... its so cute, it may attract teh ladeez
^Not to mention they don't sound the same. Every clip besides Blackhearts clips have sounded very weak with the KA. I've not tried it yet so I'll refrain on passing judgement, but from what I've seen I don't think it's a stellar amp.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
isn't that the 1 watter?

i'm too self-conscious to be caught dead with that

although... its so cute, it may attract teh ladeez

Yeah i think it is actually silly me

lol it might, but then again they might laugh at the size of it...........
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Jul 11, 2009,