Yes, I finally have my Am. Strat back, with new DiMarzio pickups. HS-3 in the bridge, HS-2 in the middle, and a YJM in the neck. I am satisfied with all of them; the hum is significantly reduced, and the tone is definitely an improvement. I am particularly fond of the YJM; nice, smooth sound.

But ****in' Long & McQuade didn't tell me my warranty was over, and charged me up the ass for installation and labour fees. SWEET! Would have been nice to know that when I was putting the downpayment on it!

But that aside, yes! I am a very happy guitarist today.

Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Jul 11, 2009,
Congrats!!!

HNPD (pickups)

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by gregs1020
I want that guitar.

Been fooling around with it more!

It's really damn nice. I thought you had a Strat?

Anyways, I recommend the pickup combo I have now. They work well together.
What kind of tones are we talking about with these new pick-ups? I'm in the process of modifying my old Squier but still undecided on which pups to opt for. I'm very in the dark with single-coils.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
What kind of tones are we talking about with these new pick-ups? I'm in the process of modifying my old Squier but still undecided on which pups to opt for. I'm very in the dark with single-coils.

Well I guess it would depend on your amp too.

But, I like this pickup combo for blues, fusion/jazz, classic rock, etc. The cleans are excellent now; the YJM is very good in the neck.

I tell you that you wouldn't be in the wrong with these, that's for sure.
Great to hear you are loving the pups man! The YJM is just an insanely clean articulate woody sounding pup. Just great. Hell, all 3 are great. Someone made a good recommendation! hahaha.

that cream looks great with the white guitar.

PS: the first main guitar I bought for myself was that same exact style/color/fretboard strat!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Last edited by JLT73 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Zoso1994
Cool story bro.

reported

HNPD,

*edit*- whoops, already answered my question
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

It's really damn nice. I thought you had a Strat?

Anyways, I recommend the pickup combo I have now. They work well together.

i have a nice squier, but it isnt done yet. im ordering a maple board neck soon. should look a lot like your strat when its done. i have lace golds in mine. still not crazy about the bridge pup so i may try to find the pup you have to test out. again and congrats.
Quote by conor1148
reported

Seriously?

HNPD man
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Seriously?

i'm tired of that bull**** out of the pit, they can try to get their post count up by actually contributing.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
i'm tired of that bull**** out of the pit, they can try to get their post count up by actually contributing.

i for one thank you. crapping on any new gear day thread is bs.
I've been meaning to put these pups in my charvel strat.. do they do high gain well? or have glassy like cleans?
ur guitar is around the wrong way
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Carrionshine
I've been meaning to put these pups in my charvel strat.. do they do high gain well? or have glassy like cleans?

they do high gain well and have glassy cleans.

great pups all around.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
The color on the pickups looks awesome with the Strat. I would've installed them myself though. It's simple and last time I had a store do it for me, when I got it back the Volume pot didn't work and both the tone controls were for the neck pickup. So I opened it up figuring I'd fix it myself and discovered this: the volume pot wasn't even connected, the ground was to some lug they put in my guitar, the wires were singed from crappy soldering abilities and when I inspected my pickguard I realized they cracked it. I shouldn't really expect much from them though considering the same place dropped my Sax player's Selmer and bent the neck.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The color on the pickups looks awesome with the Strat. I would've installed them myself though. It's simple and last time I had a store do it for me, when I got it back the Volume pot didn't work and both the tone controls were for the neck pickup. So I opened it up figuring I'd fix it myself and discovered this: the volume pot wasn't even connected, the ground was to some lug they put in my guitar, the wires were singed from crappy soldering abilities and when I inspected my pickguard I realized they cracked it. I shouldn't really expect much from them though considering the same place dropped my Sax player's Selmer and bent the neck.

that's ridiculous. did you take them up on it?
Quote by JLT73
Great to hear you are loving the pups man! The YJM is just an insanely clean articulate woody sounding pup. Just great. Hell, all 3 are great. Someone made a good recommendation! hahaha.

that cream looks great with the white guitar.

PS: the first main guitar I bought for myself was that same exact style/color/fretboard strat!

I'm very glad I listened to your suggestion. Out of all 3, the YJM is my favourite, but that's because I play in the neck position a lot more. So beautiful... makes me weep...