Hi guys,

Does anyone have good exercises to develop accuracy and precision? My solo playing is clean but kinda sloppy.

Thanks.
Quote by blue_strat
It's not about what exercises you do, but how you do them.

quoted for mother ****ing truth right there!!!
clean but sloppy? do you mean you get sloppy at faster speeds or what? anyways, besides the oxymoron, the only advice i have is use a metronome, play what you wanna play at slower speeds, and then increase a few BPM every day. doing this with just a few exercises will help every aspect of your playing
Quote by DA SQUAK
clean but sloppy? do you mean you get sloppy at faster speeds or what? anyways, besides the oxymoron, the only advice i have is use a metronome, play what you wanna play at slower speeds, and then increase a few BPM every day. doing this with just a few exercises will help every aspect of your playing
I mean that I have a good muting technique, but I make a lot of mistakes at high speeds.
Quote by Poglia
I mean that I have a good muting technique, but I make a lot of mistakes at high speeds.

Then you shouldn't be playing at the higher speeds. When you play at higher speeds and making mistakes, you're only hurting yourself by messing up your muscle memory.
Mistakes dont just appear.

Most of the mistakes guitar players make...come from bad form. If you slow down you will find that you will still make them because you've taught your muscle memory to behave that way.

The only way to break the bad habit is to slow down and play as slowly as you need to..to play the desired passage clean. Speed will come with time. And you will sound Good.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
Mistakes dont just appear.

Most of the mistakes guitar players make...come from bad form. If you slow down you will find that you will still make them because you've taught your muscle memory to behave that way.

The only way to break the bad habit is to slow down and play as slowly as you need to..to play the desired passage clean. Speed will come with time. And you will sound Good.

+1
Metronome for learning songs and doing exercises like these.
You'll see great results in playing from improving accuracy and co-ordination at low speed.
Quote by Poglia

Muting isn't a replacement for good technique, muting is there to stop sympathetic vibrations and the notes you just played, it's not there to compensate for you hitting the wrong strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The one key thing is having the discipline to speed down to an amount where you can really play cleanly and with authority and good technique. It's really amazing how much faster you will improve if you do this. It's ok to go out of your comfort zone now and again, but you want to stay within the speeds you can play cleanly and with good technique most of the time.