My brother has a Jackson and I have no idea what model it is. I know it is an rr model but I'm not sure which one. I can't take pictures as I do not have a camera, but I will do my best to describe it. It has kind of a purple color, a licensed floyd rose tremolo, and duncan designed pickups. I think it may be an older rr3. I tried looking up the serial number on Jackon's website, but found nothing. Also, I can't find anything on it that says what country it was made. Any help is appreciated.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Sounds like an rx10d or an rr3 but I don't think rr3s have duncan designed pickups.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
Sounds like an rx10d or an rr3 but I don't think rr3s have duncan designed pickups.

The RR3 has Seymour Duncan pickups. The RX10D had Duncan Designed

Is the hardware chrome or black?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
RX10D, I think.
I suppose it's bolt on, so remove the neck and check if the pocket says anything.<
also, what year is it from? how much did it cost?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
chrome, and yes it is a bolt-on
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by Koshman32
The RR3 has Seymour Duncan pickups. The RX10D had Duncan Designed

Is the hardware chrome or black?

Yeah I know buy he said it has a licensed floyd rose, whitch the rx10d doesn't it has a jackson made floyd rose. Thats why im not sure.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by zackk
My brother has a Jackson and I have no idea what model it is. I know it is an rr model but I'm not sure which one. I can't take pictures as I do not have a camera, but I will do my best to describe it. It has kind of a purple color, a licensed floyd rose tremolo, and duncan designed pickups. I think it may be an older rr3. I tried looking up the serial number on Jackon's website, but found nothing. Also, I can't find anything on it that says what country it was made. Any help is appreciated.

it could be a michael if its white,or a janet if its darker
Quote by King of King V
Yeah I know buy he said it has a licensed floyd rose, whitch the rx10d doesn't it has a jackson made floyd rose. Thats why im not sure.

He means it's a floyd rose licensed to jackson. Only the expensive jackons have original floyds like the RR1
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
How many knobs does it have?

1 and a toggle switch or 3 and a toggle?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
it has one knob and a toggle switch
Quote by zackk
it has one knob and a toggle switch

then it's the RX10D
-chrome hardware
-duncan designed pickups (not actual Seymour Duncans)
-Jackson licensed Floyd Rose
-less hardware

it matches
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
ok thank you
Quote by Koshman32
He means it's a floyd rose licensed to jackson. Only the expensive jackons have original floyds like the RR1

What does the RR3 have? Because my friend has an rr3 and the trem says floyd on it.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
What does the RR3 have? Because my friend has an rr3 and the trem says floyd on it.

Where on the trem does it say floyd rose? The RR3 come with a jackson licensed floyd, and my DKMG has a jackson licensed one, it says jackson on the top by the low "E" string, then it says licensed under floyd rose parts by the fine tuner heads
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by King of King V

Any FR made by someone that floyd rose doesnt give the license for making OFR's is a licensed FR.

Dunno if you understand(i didnt uderstand myself lol): FR pays some guys to make things that say OFR, and FR sells them. on the other hand, some guys pay FR to make trems that say LFR. These trems might be sh*ttier, like the ones on any chinese guitar, or might be better like the Ibanez Edge or the Schaller FR. Jackson makes their own trems based on the FR design, so they must pay Floyd rose some money to use the design under their license, so it's a licensed floyd rose made by jackson.

Quote by Koshman32
it says jackson on the top by the low "E" string, then it says licensed under floyd rose parts by the fine tuner heads

the same on my KE3. I think the guy with the RR3 changed the trem, or the guy didnt see the trem enough. Also, the trem on my Kelly is a bit different, it doesnt have some allen screws that most FR's have in the back, but i really dont care, as long as it stays in tune, something it does well. I think the last time I tuned it was like 2 months ago
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 11, 2009,

His is like this see how it says floyd. Thats whats on his rr
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V

His is like this see how it says floyd. Thats whats on his rr

Then it must not be an RR3, cause the RR3 comes with a licensed floyd. maybe he has a RR1 or another top model. Or did he buy it used? Cause there might be the possibility someone swapped it out for an original floyd rose
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Then it must not be an RR3, cause the RR3 comes with a licensed floyd. maybe he has a RR1 or another top model. Or did he buy it used? Cause there might be the possibility someone swapped it out for an original floyd rose

I would guess it was swapped out. ANY non LFR will say "Licenced under floyd rose patent" near the fine tuners.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by King of King V
Yeah he did get it awhile back like 06-07

Either way, they're still awesome guitars, and the Jackson licensed floyds aren't far off from an original in overal quality
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Hey guys, Im getting my RR3 tomorrow! Anyways, just wanted to say that the FR on the current RR3s dont actually say Jackson, only "licensed Floyd Rose". I know it doesnt matter, but just felt like saying.

also, browsing through my Jackson catalogue, I noticed Jackson guitars come with three different FRs. On is a Jackson Floyd Rose (on the cheaper models, generally the ones also with duncan designed), one just says licensed (as on the RR3), and some come with OFR.

Dont know what the difference between the first two is to be honest.

Anyways, just felt like posting to see if anyone has any info since Im getting my Jackson. Just curious.