Hey guys, I need a song to impress a girl I like, I know she likes Pink Floyd so I learned Money(and play it well), She loves all the 70s rock bands, so what are some other songs that have a cool bassline, also I am kinda a begginner.
well you play bass so thats a problem. learn a badass rush bass line

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
...(relationship thread?)
Anyway's it's kind of dumb to learn stuff just to impress a girl, I'm sorry but that's the truth behind it. Just play stuff you like playing and don't adapt to her likes.
I know its kinda stupid, but she wants me to give her bass classes, well I guess Ill lear some zep and cream basslines just a few already know black dog
Quote by herozs
I know its kinda stupid, but she wants me to give her bass classes, well I guess Ill lear some zep and cream basslines just a few already know black dog

Well, that's better than playing to impress. It'll help you develop your skill too. Also, Rush and Zeppelin would be the best to work on. La Villa Strangiato and the Lemon Song.
Quote by edgeyyz
...(relationship thread?)
Anyway's it's kind of dumb to learn stuff just to impress a girl, I'm sorry but that's the truth behind it. Just play stuff you like playing and don't adapt to her likes.

You can't deny that a big attraction of playing guitar is the female attention :]
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
You can't deny that a big attraction of playing guitar is the female attention :]

OK, but that doesn't mean that you should take advantage of an instrument as a chick magnet. Music should be the main reason, women second (or something else I'm missing?).

LedEdit: Discipline could be another reason too.
Last edited by edgeyyz at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by edgeyyz
OK, but that doesn't mean that you should take advantage of an instrument as a chick magnet. Music should be the main reason, women second (or something else I'm missing?).

If getting chicks is a motivation to getting better technique and playing more, why shouldn't it be?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
If getting chicks is a motivation to getting better technique and playing more, why shouldn't it be?

Because any women who is legitimately impressed with a beginner's playing and dates/does them because of it is an idiot 99% of the time.

Example:
Dude: I play bass
Chick: Cool!
Dude: Here's a song (playing song)
Chick: That's hot!
etc...

JudasEdit: Excuse my generic words.
Quote by genghisgandhi
e---0---3---5----------0---3---6-5
and repeat as neccesary

How did no one else mention this? We all fail.

PurpleEdit: Or, do it with double-stops exactly as the guitar. Chords/double-stops make stuff look fancier.

G|-0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3--0--|
D|-0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3--0--|
A|------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------|
If this was the pit I would say i cum blood (which would showcase some serious technical skill).

But it isn't, so I will agree with what some have said and learn some Rush lines - the fills in YYZ alone should be enough to impress her.

EDIT:
PurpleEdit: Or, do it with chords exactly as the guitar. Chords make stuff look fancier.
G|-0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3--0--|
D|-0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3--0--|
A|----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------|
Those aren't really chords...

EDIT EDIT: After re-reading your original post, I would recommend Tom Sawyer by Rush - it may be a challenge, but it's not too hard IMO.

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Jul 11, 2009,
They're from the '60s but I hear that chicks dig the Beatles.

They also dig originality, though. Ain't that a bitch. Gets me all the time.
Quote by EuBoat
EDIT: Those aren't really chords...

I said chords because double-stops is (counts on fingers) 6 characters longer (7 if including the dash) and I am very lazy when it comes to typing. Anyways, you get the idea.
Quote by Juadafi

Because then you're concerned with the benefits, not the art.
Quote by herozs

didnt you say youre a beginner?
Quote by EuBoat
If this was the pit I would say i cum blood (which would showcase some serious technical skill).

One time at a gig some girl actually came to me and asked what else my fingers can do. Apparently 3 finger patterns are sexual.
Quote by navarreguitaris
didnt you say youre a beginner?

just the main riff its not that hard.
A-ho ho ho, getting it on with bass.

Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
If she wants "bass lessons" she's probably interested anyway, so I don't think you have to worry about showing off your amazing playing. Instead try talking to her, it usually helps.

As a side note, being able to play guitar has got me 0 girls. Writing my own songs however, has got me plenty .
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Thou shalt not use music, art or poetry to get into girl's pants.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
nothing gets the panties off like the lemon song haha

EDIT: whip it out! lololol
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Jul 12, 2009,